Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Brake Caliper Paint

Anyone know what colours this stuff comes in and if it comes in a tin or sprays cans?

if it comes in a tin im sorted!!!

Comes in tins so you should be able to get some smuggled over! Comes in various colours but you can also use any high temperature paint. Halfords do a range of it. You might be able to get it off their website since you can't really pop into your local store. :lol:

you can get it here just dont know if it comes in the colour i want

hence me asking if it comes in tins, gonna have to mix Blue and Red,

Anyone see whats coming!!!

Hmmmm :scratch: Would it by any chance be a crazy purple to match the car? That will look sweet when it's done!

Would you be looking to make a dark violet pereleffekt by any chance! :) That would look really well btw. As the callipers are hidden in behind the wheel the colour match doesn't have to be exact. I used silver smoothite on mine and it matches the paintwork just fine.

better than the black they are painted at the mo, anyone done this, must be someone who's painted there calipers, can you do them in place???

A friend of mine has done his calipers.. he painted them without taking them off. But you might want to take them off, and give them a bit of a clean before you put the stuff on as the calipers are covered in brake dust.. he put on a nice bright red colour and it ended up a murky kind of purple colour!

I have used the proper caliper paint and you can do in situ.

The kit comes with caliper cleaner but i still advise giving them a clean up with a wire brush.

And as was said before you hardly notice all the hard work once you put the wheel back on,but it is still worth the effort. :D

Get some picks on when yer finished,and when youve scrapped all yer knuckles :mad:

Thats a good point Nige.. you won't really be able to see the calipers that well through Estoril alloys anyway? Or are you planning a chance to some more spokey wheels? :)

Does anyone know if Hamorite is any good for this - it does not give any indication of temperature on the can???

my next door neighbour has it(well the smoothrite :wink: ) on his scooby's(2.0 sport) front calipers and his rear drums in the blue colour.....he painted them last year and they still look good

all he did was take the wheels off to do them after just hi-pressure hosing them clean....he didn't even use a wire brush or anything and it just took him about 30mins per corner(inc taking the wheel off and on)

Thats a good point Nige.. you won't really be able to see the calipers that well through Estoril alloys anyway? Or are you planning a chance to some more spokey wheels? :)

no comment

im off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of ...........

some time this year i hope

no comment

im off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of ...........

some time this year i hope

hmmmm let me see....would that be..............???????????????? :lol:

BBS

TSW

OZ

Mille miglia

AZEV

Still-auto

give us more of a clue then nigel :wink: :lol: :lol:

seen some new wheels i've fallen for, the pennies are being saved, dont know what they're called yet thoug, saw them in a shop, needless to say they a re 17's well will be

A colleague at work has put NSX calipers on his '94 Prelude and painted 'em a nice Bright Blue :shock: :shock: :shock: with "Engine Laquer" whatever that is.

(And the wheels are OZ "Super Tourismo" - what he went for after searching for months for the Mythical SuperLeggeras)

Top Tip! You can also use caliper paint to paint parts of your engine!

I think that's the better way to do it :) :D :) - engine laquer on the calipers didn't survive the Honda Revolutions track day - now not looking so bright blue, more bluey/browny/black in places & bubbled!