Sign in to follow this  
joby

MPG ?

Hey everyone, went out last night did a 70 mile round trip Tested my MPG and got 36.6 mpg out of my 18 16v {saddo} When you all have some time on your hands see what you can get, ?? :shock:

Thats pretty good.. I can get up to 37 or so MPG if I cruise down a motorway at about 70/80MPH for some time, but general around town driving never sees me get above about 25MPG.

And I seem to get worse fuel economy in this cold weather?

I regularly get 40-ish on longer journeys. Best so far in the 16v is 47!!! Around town it rarely gets over 30.

Believe it or not I got 53 in my G60. Did a 30 mile journey at a constant 50 mph just to see what it would do. Other than that, I would get low-mid 20's around town and up to mid 30's everywhere else. How you drive has a huge effect! :twisted: Overtook someone today and it went down 10mpg in no time!

Andy

I've managed 56mpg in the VR6.

My radiator had blown and I needed to get home on the M25, so I was hardly touching the gas pedal and plodding round at 50mph for about 15 miles. :)

Like I could ever do that again....

I normally get 25ish around town and 31mpg on motorway journeys, but I'm not the slowest of drivers (ahem).

I do remember getting 9mpg for the total of my 13 mile drive to work. Think it was a personal record though :D

MPG is a little crap at the moment, since from a wee accident, my front left's camber is way out. Tracking is spot on, so when I have the cash, I need to get a 2-wheel alignment done.

Best ive ever got from the G60 is about 32 over a 2 hour journey, usually sits around 25 - 28 though. I know it has a few things that need sorting though. Never thought it would be as good as some of those figures though

I have a two mile drive to work and with a lot of stop start and waiting in traffic, I get between 15 and 20. But generally on short blasts its just under the 25 mark. However I have recorded 46 over about 30 miles before, but where the fun in that!!!

Very interesting, obviously everyone else has had a go to, I wonder how accurate these mfa`s are i remember having a series 2 gti k jet and i used to get 46 reguraly out of it but they were always known for good mpg. Anyway who cares Performance is what we want, After having a VR6 golf for 12 months my 1.8 16v does seem a little sedate but sometimes i think driven enthusiasticaly it performs well i have touched 140 in my old one which had starship miles but this one 60000 miles struggles at 135 not bad for a 1.8 though, :) :)

Can beat all of the above!!!!

Mine never drops below 99.9MPG............

.....could be a fault sensor somewhere though *rubs chin* :lol:

I took my VR6 on holiday with me this year and it was so pleased it returned 36 point something MPG. Usually it reads around 31.

I got a pb on my 16v of 44 MPG when I brought it home for the first time from Newcastle.

I average 12.5 mpg going to work in the morning ( 1 1/2 miles) 28 mpg round town and very rarely when I'm driving down the motoraway at a sensible speed I can get 47mpg but that is very rarely as I'm usually seen in the fast lane doing well over the spped limit. My best average for a 65 mile drive was 8.8mpg but that was tonking it down the motorway coming back from southend doing 130+ :D

I think my ECU is screwed as I have never seen over 22mpg. Even tried resetting the trip on the m\way and still came back with 22 had 2mpg in town once :D Everything else works fine.

Can you adjust it in anyway?