Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Window Tinting

Curious to hear where people get thier info from as there is always a lot of urban rumours on the what's and where for's regarding things.

I aproached a local tinting company and one would think that they would have to know thier legel requirement as pertaining to thier job and service they provide!

They told me that the 20% grade is legal and this referres to the light transmission into the car and has no bearing to what is transmitted from inside the car to the outside as your eyes are inside the car and this is where the light needs to get to.

The 'Limo' tine is a 5% grade and this can be applied to all windows apart from front screen and front doors.

Chris

so i have been busy tinting my windows the last 1,5 day... the rear window really sucks... quite difficult, but it can be done..

3 windows done, 2 to go :lol:

MOD EDIT if you upload pics to the forum instead of using external hosting the forum make them into thumbnails

The other way of course is to make the images smaller, however becasue people use different screen resolutution they still might not fit on some peoples screens.

BTW Nice job, did you do them your self?

well people allways want to know about air bubbles, that's why i have put them in a high resolution

i stuck them myself, with help of my girlfriend... hope she ain't sick of it and will help me tomorrow with the 2 front windows ;)

well they're all done now !

looks bloody good i think

S_DSCF0049.JPG

S_DSCF0051.JPG

S_DSCF0057.JPG

S_DSCF0055.JPG

(yes i know you all think the steering wheel is on the wrong side, but it isn't because i'm dutch)

and offcourse more pics on my homepage http://www.corrado-g60.tk

(all dutch, so follow this: corrado tips, ramen tinten met folie)

well they're all done now !

(yes i know you all think the steering wheel is on the wrong side, but it isn't because i'm dutch)

looks fine to me

How come the army get away with their land rovers in Belfast/N.Ireland ??

Are they exempt from UK law ??

well people allways want to know about air bubbles, that's why i have put them in a high resolution

i stuck them myself, with help of my girlfriend... hope she ain't sick of it and will help me tomorrow with the 2 front windows ;)

I want your taillights, Hans

Where did you get them ??

the taillights are plain original lights, with motip blacklight spray on it

Did you laquer them as well ??

no just plain blacklight spray... first use a degreaser to clean them, lay them for the radiator for a few hours next to the spray and be sure that the temperature is about 17 - 28 degrees celcius... that way the black spray spreads best and gives this effect

no just plain blacklight spray... first use a degreaser to clean them, lay them for the radiator for a few hours next to the spray and be sure that the temperature is about 17 - 28 degrees celcius... that way the black spray spreads best and gives this effect

Many thanks, Hans - I'll do mine this weekend. 8)

okay another tip then... when you tape off the lights (i think you'll understand what i mean but i don't know the right word in english i think) be sure you allso tape the small piece of plastic between the top and bottom part of the lights that lays deep.. gives another clean effect... no blurry paint there, just plain plastic, with above and beneath the shiny parts

I think your english (and the other forein users) is very good

Think that should be "foreign", James :wink:

I agree though, Hans' english is far better than my Dutch.

BTW thanks for the advice Hans :thumbleft: