Sign in to follow this  
bootsy

g60 lambda wiring

Ok I'm getting desparate i need a easy to understand wiring diagram for a lambda on a 90 G60, I think it should be a 4 wire one but its hard to tell as all the wiring is melted, I'm going to have to trace it back into the loom and patch one in .javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

Rolling Eyes

I have the bentley but god those diagrams are confusing so c, mon guys what are the variious wires functions where do they go ?? i'm really lost and car has not run for three weeksjavascript:emoticon(':cry:')

Crying or Very sad

I am pretty sure the car side wires go to the ECU. There will be a power to the Lambda probe, an earth and a signal back to the ECU(purple/lilac colour).

Can you not find the probe on the Bentley?

Those diagrams are easy really. The top line is the power, the bottom the earth and all the current flows down, any line running off the page left or right joins up the the page before or after.

Where a line terminates in a box the number refers to another track. The track numbers are along the bottom of the page. Each electrical item has a number and letter. J123 would be a relay, E1 I think is the ign switch. There is a list of all the components at the beginning of each chapter.

Gavin

so violet is the signal to the ecu, what colour is the power wire to the probe and where is is taken from? i think from the melted mess i have there was a red and white wire, two brown, one black and the violet one

how would these connect to one of the universal probes

sorry if i'm being a dufus but this elastictrickery really isnt my field gimme paint anyday

The violet wire and the black wire go upto the ecu in a shielded black cable like a coax cable. the brown and white wire goes back to the ecu as well and if you've got anything left of your old loom at all then you will be able to trace it up there with a multimeter. The other straight brown wire is the short one that comes out of the lambda plug and joins onto a brackert on the rear engine mount where the probe pl;ug is. the other wires are the wires out of the probe. I would either recomend getting a genuine lambda probe as they aren't all that dear and will save you alot of wiring grief or get a motaquip probe with the part number of VOS303 and the wiring kit which is VOS300 this will just plug straight in to the factory wiring plug. The motoquip probe and kit costs around £45 all in. If you cant get one and the oe one is too dear let me know and I will be able to get you one for monday.

cheers

Ant

many thanks but i'm confused whats the black wires function , whats it connected to ?

i cant plug anything in as there are no plugs there whatsoever all i have is a short length of wiring sticking out of the main loom it looks like the red and white wire was the feed from the fusebox to the probe heater? violet is the signal back to the ecu one of the browns must be an earth for the probe heater and the other?? whats its function and where does it run from or to

sorry for being thick btw

and i'm just outside of manchester in swinton and am quiite happy to pay to get this sorted out if anybody fancies their chances i'm quite desparate now

Bootsy, can you do a picture of whats wrong? It sounds like you dont have any plugs or something.

How did it all get melted together?

Gavin

wiring is 4 wiresfrom harness to plug.

purple - signal

brown(i think)- earth

2 others heat for probe.

they leave the harness at the plug and change colour to

black-signal

brown - earth (goes to engine mount bracket)

white(2) - heat

H100vw

( did i meet you at elvington last yearyou were with a group of people one of whom was running a quite quick golf i was with my mate with a peugeot 309gti )

thats exactly right, all i have is a little wiring sticking out of the loom its a long story but somebody who shall remain namless chopped the damaged wiring back an threw the plugs away

The car had allready been bodged with an aftermarket lambda and the wires shorted out on the exhaust.

The feed from the fusebox totally melted but i've found this, it was a red and white wire from the same plug as the fuel pump

all in all i'm starting from scratch the black and violet wires are salvagable as i think is the brown and white one an earth and a feed i can cobble up but without knowing how the function or how to connect them i've no chance

Gazzag60 i think this may have already happend, but the first step is to eliminate the lambda issue the car ran terriblyi can only assume that it was in limp home mode as it overfuelled horrendusly

now its given up the ghost altogether and will only fire on one maybe two cylinders but the plugs are so carboned up its untrue

it may have been black , certainly dark we talked about gear linkages and i think you tried to sell me a headlight loom , (went home and checked it already had one)you gave me a card but i cant find it were or are you somwhere near warrington?

Your g60 should run fine without the lambda(as my car is at the mo), limp mode fuels ok and I get about 30mpg!

sounds like there is a problem elsewhere in the loom if it is overfuelling, sound like the ecu is NOT in limp mode i.e. it still thinks there is a probe connected, short circuit somewhere?

Definately get a genuine probe if you can (about £75 from AVS) the cheap univ ones are made of crap metal and won't last very long at all

The Quick Golf was a mk1 16V, 2.1 litre 210 at the crank on carbs and original ign. A nasty thing!!

I am in warrington.

If you car drives and you can make it to the Airport on sunday I'll come out and take a look at it.

Gavin

sorry the bloody things fainted altogether now so its a non runner i'm gonna check all my earths tomorrow and have another look at the wiring for the lambda, failing that its petrol and a match,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

nothings been changed yet, it just went from running badly to not at all need to investigate. it sorta pops and runs on one cyl then stops