Sign in to follow this  
jamest

highways agency cars!

anyone know if they can- do you for speeding? report you to the feds? pull you and give you points or anything like that?

or do they just assist accidents?!

seem to whip past them @ 140 every morning and wonder if im living on borrowed time!

cheers

No they can't. They are not police. They are there to reduce the demand on the police on non-emergency incidents, assist the police at incidents, manage resources and keep traffic moving etc

See: http://www.highways.gov.uk/knowledge/tc ... off/03.htm

However, if you constantly whip past them, they're gonna start to notice and inform the traffic coppers!

140, wow, I wouldn't dream on going that fast in my VR, I mean it's quick, but lets not kid ourselves, it's not supercar quick. I have seen a lot of these motorway maintenance vehicles lately and they have terrible road manners ie not indicating. I guess they think they have a right no to. And is it me or have Mercedes drivers just overtaken BMW ones as being the w*****s of the road?

yep, had one try and cut me up the other day! I'm usually very laid back but he got a barrage of abuse. They seem to think that if they do it very quickly, it will be ok, or somehow safer. Try coming into london from the a40 from the m25 at rush hour and everyones at it. Risking your life to get home 1 minute quicker! lol.

140, wow, I wouldn't dream on going that fast in my VR, I mean it's quick, but lets not kid ourselves, it's not supercar quick.

No ones kidding themselves, well within spec! Bit silly maybe! :-)

true but to hit 140 in a VR you are very near the redline which is hardly cruising. Still, bet it was fun ay! the fastest I ever went was 130