Sign in to follow this  
Hatton VR6 Nut

Stealerships

Picked my pride and joy up this evening after having a CV gaiter and abs speed sensor replaced for the MOT tomorrow. These jobs I believe to be completed but the car now has also had a 7 inch crack in the windscreen starting from the offside edge fairly low down on a level with the black dots on the lower edge. I am sure that I would have seen this if it had been there when I dropped the car at stealership. Service advisor took the not us attitude every one has gone home. Explained how annoyed I was and that if the car had this fault I would ask them to fit a screen as the MOT is due tomorrow. Service advisor said "the screen area looked at is the size of an A4 sheet of paper in the line of the driver's view" I am sure that it is no cracks as they easily spread any comments! should I cancel MOT. Any one else had similar problems with franchised VW dealers. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes I have. I took my car in for a new ignition barrel, when I picked it up immobiliser didn't work. They also had the 'not us' attitude. They said it wasn't their fault because it was an after market immobiliser. I wrote a really rude letter to VW UK and said I was disgusted that VW would employ incompetent mechanics that didn't even know how to work an immobiliser. VW wrote back after contacting the dealership and gave me the same crap excuse. I was a little angry to say the least!! :bad-words:

Tell them if they do not fix it, they will have 15+ corrado's and their owners turn up on a saturday taking up all parking spaces and looking at cars for hours on end!!!

You have a problem.................you know who to call............... the C Team!

you'll have to what my mate does,he printed a form up and takes the service manager round the car befor he leave's it and makes him sign it to say there's no damage and what the milage is :) and all this is due not to damage to the car but when he took it for it's service last year it came back with about 270miles on the trip meter :x

that's bad, but heard it quite a lot. I have had run ins with VW UK in the past having problems with back orders from Germany and they were totally CGAS. but have to stand up for my dealers, Bath Motor Services. They are genuinely good guys and interested in my Cs. Only had one problem, which they fixed foc when I took it back feeling rather grumpy; we have mutual respect.

2cc, we'll have to discuss bath motor services by PM.. i've got words to describe them that can't be repeated on a public forum! Had huge problems when they MOT'd my Polo last year. 5 weeks later the front suspension arm came out it's joint causing lots of damage. I'd sold it to a friend who had it independantly checked, he was told the damage would have been noticeable at time of MOT and would have occoured over 20k+ of driving. Told the service manager about it and his response was 'take us to court, you won't win.'

Hmm. I have rather nice blue eyes though. Do you think it could be that?

You have a problem.................you know who to call............... the C Team!

Genius! 8)

T.

If anyone one wants another car the join a 'C team' count me in.

I have just become anti dealers.... took me long enough I know but I always give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.

B/Baron, any views on Graham Batt VW authorised dealer in Bristol. When phoning around to check on whether Glos dealer was ripping me off more so than other dealers G Batt seemed to talk a lot of sense. Prices were the same but their guy reconned much of the supposed fails were probably expected wear on a 10 year old car and mechanics are too used to looking at newer stuff.

what's up with my key board, my typing is much better at work!! honest

B/Baron, any views on Graham Batt VW authorised dealer in Bristol. When phoning around to check on whether Glos dealer was ripping me off more so than other dealers G Batt seemed to talk a lot of sense. Prices were the same but their guy reconned much of the supposed fails were probably expected wear on a 10 year old car and mechanics are too used to looking at newer stuff.

Don't know anything of G Batt, though i'm sure a £600-700 bill at this stage of C ownership isn't unusual, as many (read all) users here will tell you! However, it's always nice to get a 2nd opinion.

As per PM, see what Clive has to say tommorrow, he may recommend same things, but i'm sure he will be cheaper.

I don't have a problem with the fact that any of the work actually needs doing.

My gripe was that I was offered 10% discount this time but not for £750 of work last Oct / Nov (replace 2nd water pump, brake fluid change, O/S/F ball joint, O/S/F drive shaft seal, and the big one for labour crank shaft oil seal) and that they thought to tell me I should have brake fluid changed without thinking to look at the general condition on brake pipes to supposedly fail her on them 4 months later.

If the dealer had of put his hand up and agreed that he could have offered discount in the past but chose not to and agreed that the brake fluid was a waste of time and money and was poor customer service for a long standing (8 years) customer and then agreed to knock more off the bill they would have had the work to save me the time and effort of running around for the next week.... but he didn't.. so he has lost my business for ever now...........

Trouble is I don't suppose they will bat an eye lid as it all easy servicing for the warrantys that they want to do ant not to really get their hands dirty.

Nuff said, getting late, need my beauty sleep.

night all

In AutoExpress 2005 survey, VW dealers are ranked 25th by customers.

"Volkswagen's customers receive some of the highest numbers of unexplained bills from any manufacturer.."

Only Mercedes and Daewoo/Chevrolet are worse at that according to the article.

"...it seems many VW owners simply don't trust their dealers." And then some!

We, and VW, would all benefit from them doing better. Come on you VW guys who read this forum (you know who you are) - do us and yourselves a favour and get the finger out. VW owners have traditionally been no mugs - we can tell when smoke and mirrors are in place.

My daughter's recently purchased Jan 2002 Golf was immaculately valeted inside and out, but the engine compartment was absolutely filthy with dried mud and silt. Also, the oil filler cap was crusted with dried mayonnaise - I will be keeping an eye out for cylinder head gasket problems. I certainly would not be happy to allow the staff who serviced this car before delivery a couple of weeks ago anywhere near anything of mine.

OK I am really really not happy with my dealer now.

Took the car up to the guy recommended by Bristol baron and he had a quick look over and agreed that he could do the work saturday (hopefully manage it all).

On checking the rear pads and disks (1 of the fail items) he said the offside disk was just about OK, on looking at the near side he asked 'when did you say they last saw this car?'

Answer was Oct 04 for service with 107k miles...miles now 111k.

He says there is NO pad left at all.

I've checked my service receipt and there is no mention of worn pads (although they were kind enough to tell me the tyre treads and point out a couple of oil seal leaking) but lo and behold on the failure receipt they say 'L/H rear brake pads excessive wear'.

Also during the 107k service they were kind enough to point out the brake fluide should be changed but some how didn't notice that the pipes were worn enough to cause a MOT failure 4 months later.

The service schedule lists work to be done at each 10k as

'Thickness of brake pads and linings checked' and

'Brake system visually checked for leaks or damage' and I have a beautiful tick in the box saying that they have done all checks as required.

Seems like someone needs glasses in Blade....... should of gone to Specsavers...

OK, got to go and start my letter of complaint.

Anyone know the address I should write to for the top??

Butterfly, have you left the car with clive or are you dropping it of saturday? I'm popping in on thursday, would be nice to take a look!

Surprised hes doing a saturday for you, hes never offered for me! must be a sucka for the ladies!

LOL. oops sorry...

no I have her back home safe and sound and I feel so much happier than I did Satuday / Sunday.

Maybe try a skirt next time you need a job done..... (though I had trousers on today ;) )

Maybe try a skirt next time you need a job done.....

PS Have been known to do this on Hockey tours, but the 'tache was always such a give away

:lol:

I used to cycle to work but after havin £1300 worth of bikes stolen from work (both were chained up and work installed cameras a week later) i started using my car for the 3 mile drive so screw the enviroment as cars are harder to pinch than a push bike :p