Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Fuel in the Oil

Due to troubleshooting the recent problems I've been having I discovered today that the oil is above the max level on the dipstick and stinks of fuel..

Whats the best thing to do considering the car will hardly run at all now?? do a cold oil change or just not worry about it for now and change the oil as soon as I get it sorted??

If there's a litre of petrol in the sump then drain it all now. Petrol will wash the oil off everything in the engine, bearings etc.

I had the same problem steve once I got my car sorted, I noticed the oil level was about an inch over the max mark on the dip stick so I just dumped the oil and and replaced it with fresh synta and a new filter and at £12 all in for oil and filter it didn't exactly break the bank either.

Haven't you got to the bottom of your problems yet?

Yeah, i'll change it tomorrow and then again when I sort it...

Ant - running out of idea's! - need to try another ECU I think...

yes you do, want to know why? cause ure injectors are on full spray I believe I had the same problem. I had about a gallon of gasoline in my crank case and my mechanic caught it in time, how does the car run, if it doesnt start then its the same problem, if it does start and thecar runs wierd then its the same problem, if the car starts fine and runs fine, not the same problem.

Cheack all your earths before hooking up another ECU or you risk frying another one.

Gavin

Potato, its intermittent but at the moment just starts, just about idles and then splutters and dies after a little while...

Gav, yeah... I'm fairly sure they are all ok although its hard to test the engine ones, all ECU wiring checks out fine...

Just go between battery earth and rocker cover, I would expect less than 5 ohms.

If you haven't got a meter make sure all mating surfaces are clean and 'bright'. That should do.

Check your injector rail, if the earth trigger is shorted to earth it'll fire the injectors when ever the ign is on.

Gavin

I still say ECU, change it if you have another... thats what mine did before it wouldnt start anymore. injectors are on full spray, the 2nd memory bank should be fried... or thats what my mechanic said before he turned it into a golf IV ECU with reset and drive memory.