Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Removing side repeaters

thinking of removing the side repeaters completely because i simply cant find anything out there that i like,,,, planning on filling the holes, smoothing over and painting...

what u reckons guys,, will i ever pass a mot ????

Nope. Well, not unless you have a friendly MOT tester.

And then you'd have to pray that PC Plod doesn't spot you out driving around all day. I'd just leave them as they are for the amount you're going to spend on deleting em!

Has anyone gone the wing mirror route to get around the MOT testing? Or do you sitll have to have side repeaters on the body of the car to satisfy Mr MoT?

Can't see there being a necessity for the side repeaters, as my Mk2 Storm Rocco doesn't have any, if my US-G60 had stayed original, then it wouldn't have had any (would have even passed the much more stringent German MOT!), so I would have thought that as long as the front indicators work, you should be OK. Best to check with your local MOT station first, because even I was surprised to find out how differently the government guidelines are interpreted by individual test stations!

Tempest

i think the law says something like if u have them they should work

and another law states i think (again) that either the front or rear should show indications from the side but i will check it out properly

as a safety feature i admit they are a must,,,,but their pi$$ing me off bigtime and they have to go i think

lol lots of thinking at the mo

I've just fitted tt repeaters to mine as a replacement and the do look a lot better IMHO. Need a bit of filing to reomve the internal clip plus some sticky pads and finally some mastic (which I've yet to do) around the edge but they're a good sight smarter.

I was thinking of flush mounting mine (clear) into the trailing edge of the front bumper, but only because the usual surface corrosion around the sidies is beginning to spread a little. No matter how often you cure it, it always comes back!

I was thinking of flush mounting mine (clear) into the trailing edge of the front bumper, but only because the usual surface corrosion around the sidies is beginning to spread a little. No matter how often you cure it, it always comes back!

I cant figure out why corrados rust so badly around there

It's practically the same as a MK2 golf wing indicator, and how many of those do you see rust? I cant remember seeing any!

My '88 mk2 has zero rust around there, unlinke the corrado after I bought it..

My MK2s rusted around there too. Prolly bad accident damage repair or just a known weak point.... No rust anywhere else though, just around the sidies!

Myn will be flush the way the rust is going LOL

G60 Dan's motor dont have side repeaters..

I can sell you some us spec wings that dont have the hole for side repeaters!

I smoothed my VR and the mot guy would not pass it, so I fitted merc style ones in the mirrors!

gibber, shoulda jus shot the mot guy and wrote it out yourself lol.....hmm im still thinking (confused)