Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

Went for a drive the morning with a friend (pictures)

I've just started refurbishing a set of 10-spoke 16'' wheels for my Corrado. They're going to be finished in black since your Black Corrado looked so cool. What's under the hood of that Golf by the way?

It’s been raining here a lot for the past few weeks. Were on day 4 of no rain though. I am pretty happy about it. It gives me more time to ride my mountain bike. =]

Tell me about it. Wet trails suck. What d'ya ride?

bcstudent, NICE about the wheels! There is only a 1.8 8v under the hood of the Golf - haha - nothing special.

Big-ted, for some reason this whole week has been super muddy and it hasn’t rained since last Thursday! I ride a 05' Santa Cruz Heckler. I hope to get some pictures of my riding sometime this week because the weather has been so nice. Yesterday I was hitting some pretty decent size drop offs and jumps for the first time yesterday. I am so excited because the drop I did (its a fallen tree that’s maybe 3-4 feet tall and has a lip built up it making it like a 5-6 foot drop off) I hit before my friend who has been riding for a year or so (he still has yet to hit it). I really want some pictures of it.

Here is a picture of my bike.

he_blk_blk26.jpg

I would like to see some pictures of you riding if you have any. I'm really just starting to get into it.

Nice. There are so many times when I long for something I can ride uphill as well...

At the risk of getting into trouble for going off topic... :wink:

Aston Hill

Taken on the 4X course at my "local" hill. Apologies for the language of my friend!

Wharnecliffe

Taken on Steve Peat's "practice track". 8)

And yes, I am just showing off now!

I ride a turner DHR. I just swapped out my old '02 frame for an '04 having flared the headtube. If you're just gettting started, you will quickly learn that bikes can eat money almost as much as Corrados!! :lol:

Are all the horror stories we hear about access issues in CA really true?

Sorry this is so :offtopic1: but how often do you get to talk to someone from across the pond about something like this. =]

Wow, that looks like a sweet little trail/track! There are some trails similar to that over here but they are pretty far away from me. But this summer I plan on going to the ski resorts because they build them up for downhill in the off seasons, I can’t wait for that. Oh, your second link was broken by the way.

Just yesterday my roommate and I went on a crazy uphill ride to get to one of our usual downhill trails that we normally drive too. My legs are so beat. =]

If you're just getting started, you will quickly learn that bikes can eat money almost as much as Corrados!!

Oh, you don’t have to tell me man. I used to race Motocross a few years back; I know it’s not a bicycle, but it can cost a bit more than one. I also used to be into the BMX thing too.

Are all the horror stories we hear about access issues in CA really true?

If you re talking about how people are trying to shut down tons of trails, yes its true. We almost lost access to a local park that’s like a 5 mile ride from my house with tons of super technical uphill and downhill trails. A lot of the trails we ride on aren’t "technically" legal, but are worth the risk of a fine from a ranger to ride on.

I hope to get some pictures from tonights ride. If I do, I will post them up for sure as soon as I get back home. For tonights ride we have a crew of 7 people going...it's going to be sick.

I know it doesn’t look too impressive, but when your there its much more crazy looking...but here is me doing some jumps on the illegal trail "Magic Carpet" back behind UCSC - The local university in Santa Cruz. (Our camera was totally delayed when taking the pictures so bear with me here).

Jump over trail and berm with 5 feet of air or so.

P4140346.JPG

Here is this log drop off its probably close to 6 feet or so...

P4140350.JPG

Here is me doing it.

P4140351.JPG

Here is a sweet log ride at the beginning of a trail we start at (you can see it go over to a little scrap wood ramp and from there it connects to that other fallen tree you can see in the background).

P4140309.JPG

Here is me hitting a small jump. Still a lot of fun.

P4140321.JPG

Nice pics, that's prompted me to go for a play tomorrow if the weather's nice. I love your wheels btw, black & red works so well...

Damnit, makes me want my bike back... Always rode fully rigid though - arms and legs were my suspension! Ach, I remember the days... ;)