Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

Spacers - the final frontier??

Sorry for the pun! :oops:

The guy who owned the car before me put on some sweet 17" rims but i have just spotted that my new tyres have worn to the cord on the inside at the front! Can anyone recommend somewhere that i can get spacers, say half inch, and studs that will fit?

Thanks!

Didn't you notice the rubbing?!! Or do you mean the tyre is down to the cords on the inside edge of the tyre, i.e. bad tracking/camber?

Haven't noticed any rubbing, probably because of all the other noises.

The tyres have been on for a couple of months so i'm guessing they only wear at excessive suspension travel as the tyre doesn't touch the strut from what i can see when stationary with a couple of people in it.

The wear seems much too localised for tracking/ camber although i know that is a factor as i have a wobble at 65, it will be going in for that this week but ideally i was going to get them to sort the spacers while the wheels were off to save me getting the wheel brace out, just don't know where to get some spacers and extended wheels nuts..

I will have as of next week a set of alloy hubcentric spacers with bolts to match 15mm wide for sale that are spot on. 4x100

If your interested give me a call on 07786 506225