Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

ET questions about RH wheels!

ok, question for people 'in the know' about RH wheels.

I spoke to shahid at styledynamix today and he's sorted me a good price for some RH AG's, which look alot like the zw1's but are more wallet friendly (marginaly!). they're a 17x8 and I'm almost positive he said they're ET32 in a 5x100 pattern. ET32 is going to be ALL wrong isnt it? is there any way I can get these to fit? what have other RH owners done to get their wheels on? I've heard talk of adaptors and spacers...have you guys gone for different stud patterns with a more VW friendly ET then used adaptors?

all advice much apreciated!

Yeah something like that!

Mine are 60 with 25 spacers to give a 35 offset.

ok, question for people 'in the know' about RH wheels.

I spoke to shahid at styledynamix today and he's sorted me a good price for some RH AG's, which look alot like the zw1's but are more wallet friendly (marginaly!). they're a 17x8 and I'm almost positive he said they're ET32 in a 5x100 pattern. ET32 is going to be ALL wrong isnt it? is there any way I can get these to fit? what have other RH owners done to get their wheels on? I've heard talk of adaptors and spacers...have you guys gone for different stud patterns with a more VW friendly ET then used adaptors?

all advice much apreciated!

They should be fine, you may have to shave the caliper mounting bracket if there similar to my old rims. I'm now running ET23 and its made no difference to the handling compared to ET33 i was running last week.

32 is OK. They'll sit out a bit far (for my liking) as standard VR ET is 43, but given you're going up an inch and a half, it balances out.

I ran my RHs at ET 40 and was the best compromise for tramlining, bumpsteer and inner/outer arch clearance.

You won't be able to give the car death on bumpy B roads like you can on the lightweight OE rims, but it'll track ok ish. Speedlines are 15lbs, Solitudes are 14lbs and RHs are 23lbs. You WILL feel that extra unsprung weight I'm afraid, but it's just one of those compromises we have to face.

cheers kev, if they sit out a bit too far for my tastes it just gives me justification to get the arches flaired! I dunno what it is about the VR but I'm seriously considered alot more mods than i did to my valver!

the bumpy b-roads thing isnt too much of an issue, while I do enjoy a good blat along country lanes the VR isnt nimble enough to make it something I want to do all the time, especially considering the state of the country roads near me and the ammount of wildlife that likes to jump out in front of me!

kevhaywire, You love that term 'unsprung weight' don't you! i've noticed you using it plenty of late.

My wheels are an ET35 and do sit out a touch but is fine though i though the std VR ET was 38mm not 42 but stand to be corrected.

As long as they fit and tracking and inner/outer arch clearence is ok then great.

Oh and how lucky am I? An Audi TT left hand drive bumped into the side of me today, i couldn't get out the car cos his TT was parked in my door so i put the window down and shouted at him German Cnut!

Chris

I like 'em and at less than £100 a corner they are 8)

AG-Cuprad.jpg

Still a nice set of wheels. Keep meaning to sort mine out but never have the time. Two of them are as new, front two need the dishes re-polishing and laquering from the driveway incident.

less than £100 purchase price if i was to buy them from germany, but over here they're a bit more than that. I decided that the hasstle involved and the hidden costs of importing werent worth what I could save in the end. They're still not extortionate for what they are, IMO they out class any other wheel you could get for the price.... which i guess is why i bought them!

IMO they out class any other wheel you could get for the price.... which i guess is why i bought them!

Absolutely must be the best kept wheel secret. a cool wheel that packs the arches, suits the C and is affordable. Will suit the car perfectly.

IMO they out class any other wheel you could get for the price.... which i guess is why i bought them!

Absolutely must be the best kept wheel secret. a cool wheel that packs the arches, suits the C and is affordable. Will suit the car perfectly.

Shame they don't fit corrado's. :wink: Give me a shout when you get them Chris and i'll tell you how to get them on.

thats what i'd like to know, whats the deal Lee? 5x100 et32 should be ok other than a bit of caliper/carrier contact unless you grind them back a bit, should they not? come on mate i'm worried now!

A20 LEE, Bit rought that stark statement without supporting text like!

Chris

don't worry, told chris hold to get them on. There actually a Mk4 fitment and not listed for a corrado.

Lee,

I noticed the very same wheels on your car on page 2 i think about your car in the members thingy if i'm not mistaken?

I have already ground clearence on the front caliper carriers so my wheels would fit, prob took 4mm off them on the edge but then they fitted nicely so should be fine else i'll get the grinder back out for him.

Chris

Lee,

I noticed the very same wheels on your car on page 2 i think about your car in the members thingy if i'm not mistaken?

I have already ground clearence on the front caliper carriers so my wheels would fit, prob took 4mm off them on the edge but then they fitted nicely so should be fine else i'll get the grinder back out for him.

Chris

Hard to say. Its more of a case of reshaping the carriers. On the back of the wheel the curve of the spoke into the mounting hub is the bit that touches. Also my pads were well worn when i had mine on so the caliper may need a couple of mm off.