Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

ET questions about RH wheels!

I didnt realise you'd had a set lee, there was me thinking I was being all original! :lol:

5years too late buddy, only ever seen them on one other C tho' and it was an american one for vortex

Just read this, I discovered these wheels a few months ago but the supplier told me the offset was wrong for the G60 (VR6 may be ok tho..)

Look a great wheel for the price tho and it sounds like you'll get them on with a bit of modding!

well the fact Lee had them on his car and they looked so good has reassured me everything will be fine with a bit of fiddling, just waiting with baited breath for delivery now!

LOL.... I really don't understand all this cloak and dagger secrecy BS with wheels. It's hardly in keeping with the community spirit and it doesn't take a degree in brain surgery to track wheels down for yourself and work out the fitment issues either.

Ooooh I had those 5 years ago.... wow, give that man a medal.

Anyway, sorry Chris, good luck mate with the purchase.....they are a very nice product from RH. And don't take too much off the caliper carriers as they're a structural part of the brakes.

Info on RH stuff for other folks.....

RH's current line up and official site - http://www.rh-alurad.de

Official UK importer - http://www.dtmotorsport.co.uk

A good English speaking contact at RH - mailto:[email protected]

Use DTmotorsport for buying them. Importing them is literally about £50 cheaper than their prices, not worth the hassle. Speak to John, he's very clued up on RH wheels.

i get being quiet about the wheels you're getting or mods you're doing if you're working on a show car that you want to be a bit special and you've had a new idea, but IMO the 'community' is about sharing info. to be fair and defend lee, he did PM me and tell me the issues with the wheels, so its not like he wasnt sharing the info.

in addition to kev's info above, http://www.styledynamix.co.uk is where I got mine, £999.99 including toyos, but I went for a cheaper tyre to get the price down a bit! Shahid is a very helpful bloke and was more than willing to go through multiple different options and advise on the styles, fitments etc etc.

LOL.... I really don't understand all this cloak and dagger secrecy BS with wheels. It's hardly in keeping with the community spirit and it doesn't take a degree in brain surgery to track wheels down for yourself and work out the fitment issues either.

Ooooh I had those 5 years ago.... wow, give that man a medal.

clued up on RH wheels.

Also in Lee's defence. What are you on about Kev. Read the thread and lee's told all the info about offsets, reshaping the calipers (and said pm me if you need more help) and a bit of banter about chris thinking he was being original. Lee's speaking from experience on this thread, your not. Met lee at elsecar and he's tell you anything you want to know about his car and upcoming mod's, just doesn't like to shout about it. Then again, he's not the most talkative guy i'm met.

kevhaywire, So funny, thanks for that!

Had extra rashes of bacon this morning?

No point arguing over this like but it's all healthy banter in't it Kev!

Good fun and nothing's wrong.

Chris

Blue16V, yeah thanks for that.

I have 2 sets of RHs myself and have had to clearance calipers on my VR6 to get a set of wheels on aswell, so I do know what I'm talking about thank you very much.

ChrisVR6NOS, no extra bacon, but I've given up smoking which is making me grumpy, LOL!

Anyway, glad Chris managed to find some rims he likes and I'm sure they're going to look superb.