Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Wish me luck.....,tomorrow is D-day :(

Car related so thought ok to put in here.

Suffice to say tomorrow is a bit of a D-day for me:shock: . I may or may not be a Corrado driver by this time tomorrow night but hopefully, fingers crossed, things will go ok:? . Will keep updated when I get home after it's all over,

Cheers,

BigEastSideTartanTimmehG60

what on earth are you babbling on about big guy?

I may or may not be a Corrado driver by this time tomorrow night

well... we live in hope. :roll:

Hey all,

Cheers for the messages of support, I am STILL a Corrado driver, albeit with a few points and some pounds less richer but I count myself lucky after todays hell....,

Was up in court for dangerous driving / racing charge but found not guilty and charged with careless driving instead,

Kept my licence by luck and a good solicitor, clean licence / record and professional etc.

NEVER, want to be in that position EVER again,

Cheers, and may the dubforce be with ya'll,

Was being incited by a Civic Type R at traffic lights when on way home from work. Lights flashing at me, revving his engine, I was in front. Lights changed and burned him totally. He tried to escape the cops when they chased us whereas I pulled over straight away and was honest and polite (mostly). Came out in court that the sheriff (judge in England and Wales) sided with me and said the other young guy was to blame but I shouldn't have risen to the intimidation.

Other guy got 12 month ban (already been banned in past and had 2 speeding convictions) and £250 fine. I got smaller finr, no ban and some points,

Cheers,

The other car was a red standard 1.6 VTi wasn't it? Unless Mr Eden was driving someone elses car.....

well... we live in hope. :roll:

Nice to see you can bring something valuable to the discussion Brian.

Anyway.. glad you retained your license Struan. The racing thing is difficult.. sometimes you do get a bit of a red mist when it comes to things like this - i've experience it a few times, and common sense just goes out of the window.. its only when you are actually hitting some silly speed or doing something careless that you realise you are being stupid and then its slow the hell down before something bad happens or you get caught.

Lesson learned now though i'm sure.. I think a court appearance would be a bit of a scary experience!