Sign in to follow this  
Bobbywhacker

Ah something good about my car!

Took the VR down to BHP motorsport in weybridge t'other day for a rolling road sesh..

Figured I'd get about 180~190bhp... car's standard bar the miltek sytem.

Managed 188bhp & 190ft/lb... was well chuffed then chappy there told me the car was running far too lean and I'd easily see over 200bhp with correct fueling!!

I also know his rollers are good aswell... which makes me even more chuffed!

result 8) id be pretty chuffed with that figure having only changed the exhaust, better get that fuelling sorted pronty then eh?

Running lean? On a fully managed engine? Can someone explain why the ECU does all this funky lambda adaptation stuff at all times EXCEPT when on full throttle, where it goes back to some fixed map? Seems odd to me. But then, I don't design engines...

Chappy there says I'd need either a remap.. or some kinda pressure regulator fed to the injectors..... think that's what he was on about anyways.. not sure if I'm gonna bother doing it tho.. currently getting 29mpg!!! Oh and I might get myself a clio V6 :-p

The injectors should have a nice, regular 4 bar fuel pressure behind them, thanks to the FPR on the fuel rail. I don't know why you might need additional regulation!

If the default map isn't right for your engine (which is standard apart from an exhaust), then my guess would be there's something up with the engine!

But then, I don't tune engines for a living, so who knows?

Running lean? On a fully managed engine? Can someone explain why the ECU does all this funky lambda adaptation stuff at all times EXCEPT when on full throttle, where it goes back to some fixed map? Seems odd to me. But then, I don't design engines...

Things wear over time and go out of tolerance. A bad earth may be affecting the injectors, a duff temp sensor might do it. Having 4 BAR isn't the whole story, you still need to have volume of fuel.

As for why go open loop. I'll let someone else dig themselves a hole on that one.

Gavin

like I said, hopefully I can sell the car soon... bored of it lol .. thinkin 'tegra type R or maybe clio V6.. care to comment?

If you're prepared to accept sacrifices in build quality, then both are quite good, in particular the new shape Integ.