Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

Superflex poly bush group buy feeler

I've been speaking to TurbTechnicssMK1 (Alec) about getting some superflex poly bushes from him, and wondered if there would be any interest in a group buy? Alec has already kindly offered free postage (in the uk) on the bushes by way of a discount. Some rough prices, based on the bits I'll be looking to replace:

2 x Front ARB mounts to Body (replaces VAG part number 191 411 314) =£8.86 the pr;

2 x Front Wishbone Front Bush (replaces VAG part number 357 407 182)= £23.99 the pr;

2 x Front wishbone Rear Bush (replaces VAG part number 191 407 181E)= £47.47 the pr;

the above VAG part numbers apply to KR, PG, 9A, 2E AND ADY and ABV. (thanks to 20v turbo for looking them up)

2 x Rear bushes (replaces VAG part number 191 501 541)= £58.14 the pr

the rear bushes are NOT suitable for the vr6, unfortunatly superflex are still developing those.

and a bit of background on superflex...

The company started producing bushes back in the early 80’s, and have been doing so ever since;

All bushes are poured and oven cured (not injection moulded);

Outstanding benefits of SuperFlex are handling, road holding, suppression of NVH (noise, vibration, harshness);

Last up to 6 time longer than standard bushes (and some competitor bushes);

Tough, durable, easy to fit, and exceptional ability to withstand friction;

Also Come with a 3 road warranty (if fitted in line with instructions provided).

Where tubes are provided for the bush, they are made from Stainless Steel

any takers?

- This thread will run til friday 22nd of april to guage interest, I'll create an 'order' thread on friday afternoon -

Hi All - SuperFlex products are very very good, and have been going for a very long time now. We have sold quite a few sets in the last few months and have had no complaints.

Each bush comes properly packaged, and is supplied with fitting instructions and a small pack of grease type compound to help with assembly. If anyone would like any pictures then I can post some up for you all to see.

The prices as you can see as well are very very good compared to the other brands available and in all honesty are imo opinion better quality. We went for SuperFlex as we wanted to be able to offer VAG owners what we saw as the best quality product available. if anyone is interested or if anyone would like more details (or prices for other bushes, and not just VAG cars), then please feel free to get in contact and I can cordinate with chrisshill on the group buy if people are interested.

:)

Are those prices the same for all Corrado models? and can you fit them? or reccommend someone to fit them?

thanks

Probably the easiest way to check samm_cvr6 would be to see if the above VAG numbers are used on your car. I think a lot of bushes on the rado are the same as MK2 golf items, the above items are used on Golf's as well as Corrado's.

Sorry, but can't fit them as we only supply at the moment, and if you were near Somerset I could recomend a Company here. :)

I know this is gonna sound daft but what about for the rears as im gonna be redoing all mine next week hopefully when i swap my suspension and wanted to replace everythin while its all in pieces? or do i not to need t replace sorry if it sounds dumb lol and i do mean the rear of the car and i have a 92 g60

general feeling on here is dont use poly bushes on the rear axle as it spoils the handling something to do with passive rear steer, go for some new oem bushes instead

I'm wondering if all these ppl who profess that the rear passive handling is spoiled with different bushes have ever been in a car with uprated bushes fitted?

My opinion is that they are BETTER than the soggy rear steer items even if new!

If you need the performance bushes because you need more from your car because you push it harder or have more power then the VAG, even new ones will leave you needing more, I speak from experience on this although i refrence Powerflex but these aren't any different to the SuperFlex bushes.

More power demands more spec of other parts, if your car is STD and that's the way it's going to stay then fine, if not, then think!

Chris

im not professing about it im just stating the general opinion of the forum and have heard of people removing the rear poly bushes and changing back to oem as they felt it spoiled the cars feel

i could understand using poly on the rear when using uprated suspension or coilovers as it would be pointless fitting stiffer suspension with the softer oem bushes.

but for standard suspension i would have thought oem bushes would be more suitable as thats what made the c such a hit with the motoring press

Got poly bushes all round on mine and think they were well worth the money, I definately prefered the handling after the rears were replaced.

I know this is gonna sound daft but what about for the rears as im gonna be redoing all mine next week hopefully when i swap my suspension and wanted to replace everythin while its all in pieces? or do i not to need t replace sorry if it sounds dumb lol and i do mean the rear of the car and i have a 92 g60

SuperFlex Rear bushes to replace VAG part number 191501541 are £58.14 delivered anywhere in the UK including VAT. You will need to check which type of rear bushes you have as these are for every other model except the ABV version, as this model has a different VAG part number listed but I do not honestly know what the difference is between the parts.

hope this helps :D

AFAIK they're for all corrado's with some slightly different part numbers for certain bushes on different cars. I'll post asking for help from someone with ETKA then we'll have some definative answers.

VAG numbers for rear bushes are as follows:

191 501 541 (for KR,PG,9A,2E AND ADY)

1H0 501 541A (for ABV)

in answer to your question Rack, the parts listed in the first post will fit your g60 according to the info on ETKA, and just about any other corrado! :D

I just wanted to back up Joe M and Chris VR6nos.... if your car is not going to be far from standard, then the OEM bushes will probably add to the handling; the passive "rear steering" will probably make the car turn it a bit better. If you are running quite an uprated setup, you may find this turns into a disgusting vauge squelshy feeling that takes some presision away from the steering. If you think this is likely, you need stiffer bushes.

Hello all.

Found the forum a couple of days ago, have spent a few hours looking round, lots more to see yet.

Can anyone tell me why manufacturer's still use rubber in their bushes?

Surely if poly bushes were better they'd put them on new cars in the 1st place.

PS I think the Corrado is the most handsome car ever made.

Regards Stuart..

comfort and low cost over performance capabilities i would guess, the harder poly bushes will give a firmer ride which wouldnt appeal to the mass market.

Thanks Chris

I did once read in a mini mag that poly bushes were a lot softer and cheaper than rubber.

Looks nice in silver your car, don't think i've seen a silver one before.

Quite rare are Corrado's,

They never fail to turn my head, massive forum by the way.

Bigger than you think, like a Tardis!

Chrishill, he's used both of his 2 new posts on your thread out of all the thousands available, does that do it for you?!?! :D

Chris