Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

Problems with a BBM charger - advice needed

(Steve -My roommate's- Corrado, not mine.) =]

Out with the old...

P4150248_1.JPG

P4150249_1.JPG

We bend and broke 2 different allen wrenches

(small pice broke off of one and the bent doesnt need any explaination)

P4150252_1.JPG

P4150253_1.JPG

P4150254_1.JPG

...In with the new.

P4150255_1.JPG

P4170256.JPG

P4170255.JPG

Fully polished, 15psi pulley, lysholm Corrado.

We may be crazy, but we have a lot of fun. =] I am willing to bet most of you do similar things, but just dont have the guts to post the pictures...lol.

Yeah it had a rebuild maybe 15k ago. It could use some new apex strips and thats it - it was leaking a little bit of oil. It is going on our spare G60 engine we are going to be building.

You Americans ARE crazy.. but without doubt, little photo journals on the Vortex rarely fail to bring a smile to my face.

Your friend best buy some ear defenders.. the noise of those screwchargers makes me go crazy.. its awful!

There is no question about it! There will be the first with both mine and my roommates in a video together. Just you wait. Its going to be sweet.

Yea baby!!!!!!!

U got up and running yet?

Obviously u know how they sound, ear defenders needed my a***

ya just gonna need more boost 50mm pulley.

We have a 50mm pulley we are going to install later on when he gets a cam and chip.

Something really bad happened...

We started the car for the first time with no problem. It sounded awesome!

We go to start it the next day and it won’t turn over because his battery is dead from the car sitting for a couple months with the hatch open (he forgot about the trunk light). We finally put in my battery from my car and turn it over, we hear a terrible belt noise and we think that we just got a little oil on the belts on accident. But then quickly we see smoke and notice the charger is not turning!!!

So we remove the complete charger and everything in 20min. (Possibly a new record) and we cannot even turn the charger by hand...somehow we think it seized. We don’t know how that happened because we followed the directions from BBM EXACTLY. We thought it was kind of weird that they mentioned nothing about priming the charger for the first start. So now we are waiting on a response from BBM.

Hmmm - i take it you fitted some sort of filter to it before running it??

Yes of course we had a filter on it.

Does it need some kind of resistance or is that just for stopping things from going inside? (Kind of a stupid question I know).

I like the way you can make a allen key float in mid air like its stuck to your hand :) Thats guna sound amazin! If it wasnt for vortex i wouldnt be goin itbs! Bring on the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, filter is just to stop particles getting into the charger...

I like the way you can make a allen key float in mid air like its stuck to your hand Smile Thats guna sound amazin! If it wasnt for vortex i wouldnt be goin itbs! Bring on the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL - Isn't that Micheal Jackson holding it??

Did you put the oil feeds on the correct way? It is pretty self explanatory when your fitting it but hey you never know. Mine went on sweet and worked straight off. A proper beast

Yeah they went on the right way. We Emailed BBM and they think that it was the charger being starved of oil. We hooked all of the lines up EXACTLY how the directions said. So I don’t know what’s going to happen from here. We are contacting the person who we bought the charger off of to get the receipt and warranty info so we can send it back to BBM and see what they can do. This sucks because the first time we ran the car with the charger on it sounded great! Arg...I'm happy that it isn’t mine, but it really still sucks because it lives at my house. =\

are you sure the charger was turning before you put it in? if you heard belt noise straight away then i'd say that it probably didn't spin to start with, make sure there are no saftey tags you need to remove or that the charger has no locking pins in to keep it safe in transit

Yeah, that domain name totally had me in stitches too.. its awesome :)

Yeah my friends and I started it like 5 years ago. We mostly use it for storage/mail.

As for the charger, It had started the day before. So there wasnt anything locking it in place. =\

I bet you lost a piece of metal in the charger..... when you were putting it on something could have gotten inside the black pipe.... if BBM wont do anything take it apart yourself. buying a new charger, just the screws is 1500... lets just hope... I am about 3 weeks from buying one of those so I hope it gets figured out.

Hmm that doesnt bode well to be honest. They are only $1500 on the bright side, will sound like this when done hopefully :)

Save As

Or you guys could import mine into the US, im only looking for.. erm.. $9,172 dollars eek