Sign in to follow this  
Dixxy

312 mm brakes...where now

Just upgraded my brakes to 312mm Audi TT brakes... good improvment. I've taken step by step pictures etc and have loads of information about what you'll need for the upgrade, i'll get all this posted soon. (PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY NO POINT IN DOING IT TWICE)

Wanted to know if there is a bigger master servo to fit the VR6, if so give me the info.

I found you need spot on 6mm spacers. And 6mm longer bolts to hold the carriers on. Got the bolts from the running gear of a TT. Brought some 2mm deep washers to space with as couldn't seem to get any custom spacers made up. Not to difficult all in all... i would advise get the parts together before you start though.

Sorry - no.

The bolts for the carriers are same for the Corrado and the TT so which ones are you using?

Hi-tensile 7mm spacers are available from AMD for ~£30.

Using bolts from inside of the rear suspension arm on a TT, these are a bit longer but same thread and strength. Picked these up from a Knowledgeable VW scrapper along with the brakes. 7mm for my money wasn't dead centre but i stand to be corrected. Thanks for the AMD tip. At this stage tho, not sure if i can be bothered to take it all off again.

I am about to do the 312mm 4motion brakes on mine and it looks like I will only need a 4mm spacer (2x2mm washers) in there.

Thats using 4motion calipers, carriers and discs on VR6 hub carriers.

Jay

Just upgraded my brakes to 312mm Audi TT brakes... good improvment. I've taken step by step pictures etc and have loads of information about what you'll need for the upgrade, i'll get all this posted soon. (PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY NO POINT IN DOING IT TWICE)

Wanted to know if there is a bigger master servo to fit the VR6, if so give me the info.

You can submit this to the 'Wheels and Brakes' section of the Knowledge Base here:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/kb.php?mode=add&cat=8

You will need to use IMG tags to put images in. If you need any web hosting for these, let me or one of the mods know - we sort it out for you.

What wheel fitment issues are there with the 312mm brakes. ie size and designs?

They'll go behind the BBS as Asim has them on his car.

They are the 288 calipers on bigger discs and as they're already on my car, I checked to see if the 312 discs would go and I think they will, with the 25mm adapters. Unlikely with the 20mm.

Sounds promising, Thanks Kev. Speedlines of course will be a altogether different matter

Yeah the 288 discs/calipers only just fit behind the Speedlines (more room behind solitudes though), so 312s won't fit unfortunately!

Any idea of a bigger brake servo that would fit?

You can use the larger ones from a later model mk3, but you wouls have to change out the whole thing...not just the servo.

I have the 312mm setup also.

They barely fit behind my old 16in Oettinger Type E's

Corrado_004.sized.jpg

Oettinger SLC dont think the bigger servo will fit on a RHD car, the one on my RHD corrado is smaller than my LHD corrado one (which is for sale if anyone want to try and fit it!) and the one on my LHD golf is huge, about 12inch across!

I don't know about the UK...but here in the states, the 97 and up VR6's had the larger setup. You can swap it, but you'll have to swap everything...not just the servo. A large task...not worth it for me.