Sign in to follow this  
EDSTARVR6

Cheap tracker/best alarm/immobiliser

mornin' all,

anyone heard of a tracker for under £200? I think I saw a new system in the driving section of the sunday times a few months ago, works only on the mobile phone network I think....not sure......can't actually remember my arse from elbow at the moment. Can't remember what it was called.

so whats the best alarm/immobilser for a corrado, with not too many frills and buttons?

Yeah....i believe the sub £200 tracker is called tracker retrieve i know a company based in surrey supplies and fits these for £200.

I think they are called Hamilton and Palmer.

TrakM8 8) Excellent little device ;) I've got the MKI version in my car and it's a god send... I know that if anyone ever car-jacks me, I can just give 'em my keys and walk away..... to the nearest phonebox where I can call the car and kill the engine, phone the police and let them know where it is so they can go and get the jackers! 8) :lol:

The MKII version is smaller, neater and has GPRS so it's slightly cheaper to run if you want to do real time tracking of the vehicle via the internet! 8)

I paid around £350 for mine and then fitted it myself... oh, and there's no subscription fees other than topping up the pay-as-you-go sim card inside it 8)

we are currently developing a gps/gsm based tracking system with self management and web based house level mapping included for a similar price http://www.actiontrack.co.uk/

if you click on demo you will see the asl test vehicle (which is me)

normally it would also show current speed and direction of travel and when logged in with your own secure sign in you would have full access to the last 4 months of positions and status, with options including interval tracking, exception reports (over speed, out of hours or ring fence) and the ability to get a possition whenever you want, and also the ability to get a lattitude and longitude possition sent to you via text.

this is still only in developement and is currently limited to commercial fleet applications but i will let everyone know when it is released properly