Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

G60 MFA Boost figures slightly low, ideas? Timing advance?

Today thought id check boost levels with the MFA like id read about, so went through it and as i read at idle was supposed to read between 550-750, but was idling around 500. It says in the speel that this could be due to too much Timing Advance, so how do i adjust that?

Then i put third to redline and MFA showed 1600 and it is supposed to be appparently 1800, could this also be to do with timing advance or more like a leak. As i have had a Jabba Stage 4 less than 6000miles ago shorely this shouldnt be.

Also could this be related to what i have found recently, in where i lift off the throttle there is a bit of a jolt and not so smooth as it should be,

any ideas, thanks

I had this problem not to long ago, my problem was related to the charger being worn. I swapped mine for another stage 4 that i had got in stock and hey presto, was getting 2000 reading and a much quicker car. Would poss get your charger checked out?

How does the car drive? Bet its a bit sluggish.

Hello there my g60 had been flat for ages ,joined the forom read about boost leaks found big slash in the plastic pipe that goes from near top of raidiator to intercooler ; fixed it with new pipe from stealers (ABOUT 87 POUNDS) massive diffrence for about a week now seems flat again checked for leeks on idle dosent seem to be any.

There is a relation (for sure) between the iginiton timing and the MFA values...

i would recommend you to set up your ignition timing properly (6deg) before paying true attention to it´s values. 8)

Ok now its got intresting..

Took it to my local garage here today to find timing was out set at 22 degrees instead of 6 and distributer was slightly loose! dream!

So ud think now run sweet as...no now runs slightly rough and supercharger seems to have lost most of its power...but to make it more intresting MFA now shows at idle 600-620 much better!! Havent dared take it to redline in third to check that...ne one got any ideas? please coz my credit card is about to explode!

cheers