Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Trade in Prices?

Unfortunately I think I may be selling the C as I have been told that due to getting a car allowance from my work I should really have a newer more sensilbe car. To be fair it is not the best car to be taking customers out in either (not that I do that too often).

I am therefore thinking of getting a Mk3 Golf VR6 or 16v. I going to be a bit lazy and probably try to trade the car in but what sort of trade price do you think I would get against a £3000-£4000 Mk3?

Car is a 93L 2l 16v in silver. Reasonable condition with 89kmiles and is standard apart from lowered suspension. The car will be sold with new front brakes and newish dampers/springs. 12months MOT/6months tax

My mate's the sales manager at a local large Seat dealership.

It's a crime the money he trades cars in for.

They have no interest in anything over 3 year old, so they stick £100 on what they've paid for it and sell it to other traders.

Example: 1997 VR6 Golf Highline. Metallic black, 87000 miles, FVWSH, Leather, 16" BBS, A/C, full electrics. 1 owner from new.

Traded in for £2200. Sold to trader for £2300.

I was mighty p1ssed I missed that one. Easily worth £4000 private sale!