Sign in to follow this  
timmyhol

Fuel Tank Size

I keep reading that the fuel tank is 77ltrs or 15 gallons. I have run mine to the top of the red area and then filled the tank until the petrol station pump clicks. The maximum I have put in has been 35ltrs and the fuel gauge in the car shows the tank is full. I can only seem to get approx. 220 miles out of the tank which is about 30mpg which is good, but the tank seems to be only 7ltrs!!!! so......I presume the 15 on the fuel gauge is talking about 15 gallons, but I can only fit in 7???? am I going wrong or is something not right. Any help would really be appreciated as Im seriously confused.

Thanks

Tim

The tank size is 70 litres (15 Gal) on VR6s and later G60s, and prob late valvers etc but otherwise it's 12 Gallons.

Could be the guage assuming there's no blockages in the tank which keeps triggering the pump shut off.

It sounds like the float on the gauge is catching/stickin on something.

You can have a look in the tank to have a check.

Open boot, remove carpet

Remove screws and round panel to access top of tank

Use a cold chisel/big screwdriver and a hammer to unscrew the ring around the top of the tank

Pull out the gauge and shove yer arm in (watch out, it'll be cold! :) )

Have a feel to see if the float (like a coat hanger) is caught on anything

Obviously best not to smoke during this process and I'd do it when there's not a lot of fuel in the tank.