Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Service History

I may be trading the C in for a Mk3 and I was wondering if traders take afair bit off if there is very little service history with the car?

The car was bought new by an old gent who had the car serviced by a small local garage (who dont have records but remember the car) then passed onto a guy I know who only used it for a year before getting a drink ban after which it sat for 3 years before I got the car. I have recipets for work he got done and I have recipets for all the things I have bought for the car (including service items and cambelt change 5k miles ago). Would it turn you off?

it wouldnt bother me , with a car that age you need to use your eyes and ears not a piece of paper but the trader will use any excuse to give you a reduced price , so if it wasnt the service history he would probably find something else

i've had mk 1 2 3 5 golfs , all gti's apart from the mk5 and i can honestly say the mk3 was the worst, ultra reliable but it felt like an ordinary hatchback, it was that dusky mauve on 17's, lowered with eibach springs , looked nice but sooo boring to drive

ultra reliable but it felt like an ordinary hatchback,

Which comes as a refreshing change after Corrado ownership. I've yet to see a MK3 with a broken sunroof and heater panel, and yet they're the same parts used in the Corrado.

Don't forget a MK3 VR6 shares exactly the same running gear as the Corrado and it only takes a good suspension kit and the same geometry as the Corrados and you've got a car that handles the same.

the roof line is that high you feel like you're in a van ! but yeah i'm sure the vr6 would be a different animal

Ive had a Mk3 VR before and it was great apart from the stodgy handling. The car had a kit already fitted so thats not a problem.

What do you reckon on trade in against a £3k car? I was thinking at least £1500.

What do you reckon on trade in against a £3k car? I was thinking at least £1500.

exactly what i would expect

I had a Mk3 Vr prior to my C, It went rusty under the plastic strip which runs along the bottom of the doors, when you go and have a look at any just give the plastic a bit of a shove and check for any rust scrunching sounds. apart from that I loved it, loads of power lovely sounding too.

I think Kev has been abducted by aliens. Quick, someone start a group buy on VT engine mounts.

It's funny. No one EVER said a Golf 3, even one with tricked out suspension, can come close to a well setup Corrado in the steering feel and handling stakes. Now all of a sudden kev is proclaiming that "at least it's reliable". I have an old cavalier I can sell ya, kev, if you're interested... ;)

I'd rather flatten my knob with a steak tenderiser than own a Cavalier again....

Have our personalities crossed dimensions do you think? Here I am going on about reliability etc and you're praising Corrados? Something curious has happened.....