Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

unlocks but won't lock

Hi all.

My central locking has started being weird - when i put the alarm/immob on, the doors won't lock, not a peep out of c/l motor, just the beep from the imoob going on. However if i lock the doors manually and then put the alarm on, they unlock!

so basically they unlock fine but don't lock and locking the drivers side with the key doesnt engage the c/l either. All pipes connected fine in the boot, any ideas?

Could be that the alarm is tapped into the same circuit as the driver's door handle activating switch, and there's a broken wire or loose connection somewhere? Weird that it unlocks though, can't explain that...!

Well yeah that's what I was thinking, I'm still clinging to the hope that its somethingg mechanical rather than dodgy wiring.

I was wondering though - does the pump suck to lock and blow to unlock? And if it can't lock does it revert to unlocking? I can't work out the flow of air through the system to be honest, too many T pieces!