Sign in to follow this  
yalan

UR Quattros

on my way home today and noticed a wide arched quattro behind me with lights and fogs on ...... let it pass as i was 'running on fumes' at the time - and good god did it look good!

Now I liked my S2, but by comparison these things just look so aggressive and athletic.....

A quick search on ebay turned up this beauty.

I've never thougt red suits much other than ferraris (and I don't even like them!).......... but I'm smitten!

Just thought I'd share today's obsession!

i've never liked the short wheelbase conversion they do.

how can anybody advertise whats essentially a cut and shut and be proud of that?

love the quattro tho.

the garage that services my C had one in to sell at 12K!!!!!!!

was a total minter and they guy that owns the garage has one too. they were both red too now i tihnk about it..

me and me mates bought a gt5 coupe, what a festering turd that was :S

looks so dated, was quite fast but just something about it that screamed ugly.

dont even get me started on the "turbo"

best car ive owned to date(inc me Storm :shock: ).............totally sublime........with an exhaust note that you just love to hear burbling away on idle...........let alone on full chat......where its probably the best noise this side of a yank V8 8) 8) 8)

did audi not do a road going oe short wheelbase version or did i dream that !!!

Yes they did, Quattro Sport, 300bhp with a four valve head on the 2144cc 5cyl block, was very, very expensive - one passed me last week on the A303, flames shooting out of exhaust on every gearchange - awesome.

The Audi dealer in Milton Keynes has an unregistered zero mileage Ur Quattro in their showroom

anyone got any pics, which part of the a303!!! i know that road well!!

that would deffinately be one of my cars in my dream garage for sure but can't say it would be red!!! nice one you can always count on the 303 for coming accross interesting cars :D

think the rally version was shorter wheelbase, and one I saw recently looked shorter than the one yalan posted...

the one Yallan posted was the "normal" ur-quattro turbo...........the shorter one(not the dialynx one btw) is the quattro sport(don't get confused with the 80 sport btw) which was their Gruppe B rallye car..........which was in very very limited numbers and had a 308bhp(iirc) version of the 20v engine a good 4+ years before ur-quattro 20v production

what was the Drive split on that rodders ?

50/50 or 60/40

I'd have one for sundays thats for sure.

good question Roy........for the life of me i can't remember :oops: :oops: :oops: .......50/50 as a stab in the dark......as mine was a pre-TOR-SEN diff version........

how can anybody advertise whats essentially a cut and shut and be proud of that?

Dialynx just do what Audi did, and that was to cut 420mm out between the A and B pillars. So Audi's own Quattro Sport was a cut and shut aswell, there was no special body for it.

Dialynx don't do the QS 100% authentically with all the various plastic panels and perspex etc etc though.

Yes but Audi's own QS had the Audi 80 Windscreen and corresponding A pillars which are far steeper in rake than the Dialynx/Quattro version - next time you see a Dialynx version have a look in comparison.

Pete.

kevhaywire, i'd much rather trust audi doing it tho.....

and like rado' points out,t he dont do it well enough and thus doesnt look nearly as good