Sign in to follow this  
20valver

Whats is worth?

I am considering breaking my 1.8T corrado.

The conversion was carried out to a very high standard by Stealth. I would like to sell it as a complete 1.8T coversion for another dub.

Parts include:

1.8T from S3/TT 225

DTA management (mapped to 260 bhp, 288lbs)

Single coilpack/ HT leads

PACE Charge cooler

Mocal Oil cooler

Custom made drive shafts.(

Vibratechnics engine mounts all round.

Manifold, std VR6 exhaust(mint)

6 speed Gemini close ratio box

Quaife LSD

3 Quality gauges (A/F, Bat. Boost)

VR6 Radiator

All pipe work

G60 Intercooler (corrado)

BCA Carbon intake

Cables, mount and battery to relocate in boot.

There may be a few more bits and bobs I've forgotten, but the buyer would have everything needed, ready to fit.

So what do you lot think it's worth sold as this package?

Thanks for any advice...

Isn't that Dave Barker's old car?

If Stealth built that up, then there's gonna be over well over £5K put into it....£2k for the box, £1K for the DTA, £500+ for the Charge cooler etc etc...it all adds up...

As a complete running gear, ready to run package, I would expect it to be worth around £3.5 to £4K s/hand....and that's mainly for the workmanship as 5V T motors on their own aren't worth a third of that these days.

kevhaywire, Yes I'm afraid it was.

It took a knock to the front wing. Then while stationary a 106 made a real mess of the back end. Enough to write it off... I feel gutted about the whole thing, but I guess it was just the wrong place at the wrong time.

I thought it would be worth about that Kev. As you say the workmanship is second to none, and I have an conversion invoice's for a lot more than 5K excluding the engine and box.

I am currently weighing up the pros and cons of swaping all parts to another corrado, or cutting my loses, selling everything, and moving onto to something newer.

Thanks for the advice...

Lippy, The engine had covered less than 20K in total. It was imported from Germany, direct from Audi. It doesn;t even have a code stamp etc. Dave Barker knew someone at Audi and was one of there test engines. Vince said when it arrived it looked like it had barely been used, and he confirmed that the less than 10,000km Dave had been told looked accurate to him. It had then covered about 10,000 since the install.

I wish...can't afford it :(

20Valver, I'd be tempted to either get the body repaired privately or consider getting another Corrado to put the engine and interior into.

Dave's cars were always immaculately prepared with no expense spared. He always seemed to find really good standard base cars, especially the MK2 he had previously. It would be a shame to lose that touch of class and uniqueness imo.

Your right the car was immaculately prepared, and it was always my worst nightmare that something like this would happen. I knew the work and money that had gone into it, and something like this comes out of the blue, and its all over. It's a risk we all take using such a car as a daily driver.

The car was very close to being a cat B, and the underwriters have sold me the salvage, but insisted the chasiss be destroyed. So I now have to strip the car for everything, and either find a donar, or sell on all parts.

Would be great to swap it all to a new shell and get that bit of class back, but it would mean spending a lot more money and time in doing so, something which is lacking at the minute. By cashing in on the parts I would be able to buy something newer, but then again I doubt it would come close in terms of class, performance and desirability....

So I guess it comes down to with I follow my head or heart on this one!