Sign in to follow this  
dubmad

no dip beam!!!

help guys...

at the moment at night im havin to drive my car every where on main beam as my car will not ingage into dip beam when i disingage the mainbeam it just goes straight to sidelights not dip beam!!!

does anyone know what this is? im guessing its a knackered relay if anyone has a electrical diagram of the car or lighting system that would be brilliant.

oh also i have that uprated wiring loom for the lights on it.

cheers guys :D

if it's dropping from Main beam to sidelights and not dipped then you have a wiring fault somewhere. If it were the relay or the fuse on the uprated wiring loom, then you'd go from full beam to NO lights, not side lights.

Check that the wires for the uprated loom are all plugged into the correct places.

Whose loom is it, one of mine??? Or some 'other' supplier? Does it latch on and leave the blue warning light on the dash? Or are you having to hold the stalk to get any lights?

Gavin

it locks onto full beam and the blue light comes on but when clicked to go onto low beam i have no light but my sidelights are on but obviously my sidelights dont light the road up at all!! help

will check the new loom i got it off ebay.

anymore ideas are u sure its not a relay?? im convinced it is where are all the relays for the lights? does anyone have a wiring diagram?? cheers chris

:D

The wiring diagrams are in the Bentley Manual. The car itself doesn't have any relays for the lights which why they are so bad to start with. There are 4 fuses in the fuse bxo related to the headlight. I suggest you check them all.

Gavin

theRuler,

when i had that problem on a golf, it turned out to be the stalk (on the steering column)

Exactly the same on our Bora (after spending many an hour checking the main switch).

Ok, so dragging this post back from the dead...

My low-beams appear to have decided that actually, they're not gonna work any more. So I have exactly the same problem as dubmad did - only sidelights and full beam, with no low-beam stage in between (they just stay on as sidelights)

My initial suspect was the uprated loom, but everything seems to be securely in place - so does anyone have a set of late stalks that they could bring to the RR day on Sunday?

not yet, it's dark!

I'll have a fiddle tomorrow and see if it's a fuse/relay. That loom really is a piece of crap tho.