Sign in to follow this  
ghost

bush or no bush

helloo people can any one out there help me! i have ordered koni adjustables / H&R springs and 1993 front top plates as i have a 95 VR6 and would like to know will i recieve the correct bush kit with the koni adjustables or is there a bush kit i should order which would suit this combo of koni / H&R :? BIG THANKS 4 ANY HELP

hi thanks for your reply .im not sure what bushes i will need thats why i was hoping i would recieve everything i need with the koni kit (wishfull thinking) .or if not is there a complete suspension bush kit i can buy ps sorry for the lack of info im learning as i go along

Ahh ok, in that case, as Supercharged says you will need new front top mounts (circa £15 each from GSF) and some new rear bump-stops (circa £10 a pair from GSF) as your current ones are probably disintegrating.

The rear bump stops will also need to be shortened by 30mm or so (easy to do with a knife).

If you really want you can also get new rear spring plates and top mounts as well. Again, they're not hugely expensive items but probably worth replacing. The top mounts are mostly rubber so will have probably degraded a bit over time and the top spring plate will almost certainly be entirely rust by now.

I think you can only get the spring plates from the stealers, but I'm pretty sure GSF also sell the rear top mounts.

Edit: and the bushes that chrishill is doing a GB on are probably worth looking into but aren't physically connected to the shocks & springs so can be done another time.

thanks for that info dinkus but when you say (front top mounts) is that the same thing as i am calling (front top plates)

thanks for that info dinkus but when you say (front top mounts) is that the same thing as i am calling (front top plates)

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. I know that the Koni's use a different top plate on the suspension strut to the OE stuff. The top mount is the rubber donut type thing that fits under the top plate against the chassis.