Sign in to follow this  
4stud

New leak

I have water dripping in near the mirror on the pasengers side and door seal on the drivers side.

Whats going on?

Is the water on the passenger side near the footwell? If yes, then it's most likely to be coming thru the air inlet duct seal on the scuttle panel.

I had this problem until I changed the seal. Was about £3.50 from VAG and easy enough to change. I almost did a seal change guide but remembered after I'd done it.

eh ...scuttle pannel???....ive got this problem too...only when it rains really heavily

There are a ton of threads about this - it seems to be one of those 'they all do that mate' problems.

Remove the blower fan air intake leaf screen thing that's on the passenger side of the scuttle panel. Chisel off the old seal from the bottom and refit with a new seal. I made my own and added a bit of bathroom sealant for good measure. Sound as a pound now.

Scuttle panel = the tray infront of the windscreen where the ECU and the wiper motor live ;)

Scuttle panel = the tray infront of the windscreen where the ECU and the wiper motor live

i can see that Henny has worked out my level of mechanical knowledge from earlier posts!