Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

EXHAUST- Something For Everyone

right hello,

since lowering my car i have noticed from the rear the exhaust sits a lil too low for my liking and that fact that the last rubber keeps stretching and has to be replaced every few months (i got the yellow powerflex ones too) :o so i decided to rip it off jack up the exhaust and use some FAT cable ties (hook type exhaust btw) and made it solid, now the exhaust sits right up in the cut out abt 5mm away from the bumper (no its not burning the bumper) and it sits even better now and very solid....My exhaust never banged about but maybe you guys who are having probs could try this???

ive made it quite solid using the cable ties,,,this wouldnt have any negative effect anywhere??? (for you techies)

also has the rear half of the exhaust is lifted higher a bit i noticed on my test run the exhaust pops and burbles more specially when im driving hard also the rumble on idle is a lil louder???????? DISCUSS. Im thinking it may jus be sounding a lil louder has the exhaust is a lil closer to the floor of the car

also this sounds a load of poo but im gonna say it for the hell of it,,,but the car feels faster, not a lot faster but jus lil enough to notice the acceleration is more responsive, maybe coz the exhaust is sitting straight and allowing more air flow to be more passed out???

also overall the car sounds a bit louder too over 4k? and the boost return air exiting noise is sharper and more noticible but not really louder!!!

am i hallucinating ????!!!!@x;!$%^&*@

I'm not sure how long plastic cable ties will hold up against a hot exhaust :? and I'd guess it sounds louder because you've got the exhaust firmly held in place so it vibrates more, but it's just a guess...

coz i tied it from the hook on the exhaust hanger and the loop from the exhaust hanger to the ohook under the car which all sits to the left of the piping.....aint i clever....its a milltek btw and they dont really get that hot

You can get stainless / metal cable ties anyway.

Probably poping and banging cos you've introduced an air leak somewhere by raising the back and stressing a joint somewhere - probably the downpipe / cat joint.

Furki...is this the start of your E-Bay sales career "make your car quicker with better throttle response with these special.....er, cable ties"

i was bored,, felt like a good idea at the time,, still working after abt 3 hrs of hardcore testing,,, might have to patent the idea soon

i did this on my golf, and unfortunately its an MOT failure. Still for the other 364 days it can work better on a lowered car!

im sure u can put a standard mount over the top than u can blag it that the ties are jus extra helpers :lol: !!!

im sure u can put a standard mount over the top than u can blag it that the ties are jus extra helpers :lol: !!!
thats what i`ve done for the last two years... no probs

i think there should be a little bit of play though so as not to stress the exhaust

FurkiG60, ever thought of getting rubbers reinforced with chains molded into them? Venom stock them I think...

put some cable ties in your glove box just in case mate , i'm sure you couldnt have tied it solid , there does have to be movement because its attached to the engine and look how much that moves, otherwise the exhaust will take all the stress

more responsive ? a bit like new engine mountings ? where there isnt any give before it drives ? is the exhaust holding the engine tight :shock:

yes ive also welded my engine to the car and now going to weld the exhaust over the roof of the car.....

exhaust on the roof ! you thinking of going under water

tbh tho it does sound like you've tightened the drive up using the exhaust

u should try it, its drives really really well its only the last mount near the bumper anyways so it cant really break anything