Sign in to follow this  
junkie

G60 IHI Turbo

one guy i spoke 2 told me superchargers were crap and i should get a turbo and i wasnt that inpressed when i went there to have my car checked over.

thats my opinion though before people start to shoot me down!!

Rob-B not shooting you down every1 has an opinion, and i still like superchargers just its my 1st ever turbo so still getting that boost buzz, thats all.

Biggerbigben Yea been out in james pulls nicely but everytime i go down eltons is never there think its poorly at the mo?

You got 4wd yet wanna do mine but cost and all not sure and need to go out in 1 1st. Any offers guys???

Any1 on here got their car at Jabba at the moment gettin this done this week??

Any 1 else thinkin bout takin this route out of curiosity??

what sort of money was this IHIG60 if you dont mind me asking....

Its all gonna depend on what spec u got as to what ya gonna need, ask Jabba if interested their on the end of the dog and bone!

Biggerbigben Yea been out in james pulls nicely but everytime i go down eltons is never there think its poorly at the mo?

You got 4wd yet wanna do mine but cost and all not sure and need to go out in 1 1st. Any offers guys???

Once its on the road I'll take you out in it! The difference between James's FWD and Eltons 4WD cars is quite a lot! FWD has really bad torque steer! Eltons stays on the road and is just dead quick!!

Once its on the road I'll take you out in it! The difference between James's FWD and Eltons 4WD cars is quite a lot! FWD has really bad torque steer! Eltons stays on the road and is just dead quick!!

Well didnt seem too bad in james, said he was giving it just about full, but can see where ya coming from since got turbo its gained a little bit of torque steer but not so much ya cant handle it, may be eradicated (dont know where that word sprung from, must av swallowed a dictionary?)when diff is put in?

Cant wait for a go how far down the list am i LOL after all the promises and favours you may ow?

Its all gonna depend on what spec u got as to what ya gonna need, ask Jabba if interested their on the end of the dog and bone!

yep, have done an emailed em, no prices given as yet :(

yep, have done an emailed em, no prices given as yet

Just remember its still kinda in development, done mine which already had the balls tuned off it and now doing 1 on a standard engine.

Just be patient, hopefully all sorted in a couple of weeks. Bearing in mind mine was the 1st and that was finished exactly 1 week ago.

Not in any way speaking on behalf of them just my assumption from what i know what is going off roughly, as you can imagine they are very busy trying to get the kit fully on the market!

Noticed Jabba advertised in latest Golf+ mag' and stated from 220bhp and 217lbft for the turbo kit.

So far it's taken me 18months to even get started on my track biased C!

Poxy house DIYing.

Then it'd be rebuilt gearbox (1st and 2nd) + diff.

Xflow head ... the dreaming never ends.

Any1 on here got their car at Jabba at the moment gettin this done this week??

Any 1 else thinkin bout takin this route out of curiosity??

Sorry to drag this back up but just considering all my options before i start ripping it apart. When you say prices differ between specs do you know what the different specs are etc and roughly how much they are. Cheers... Dan

I know they start around 2 grand for just the kit. (good for 200+)

The next stage is to upgrade the injectors/mk4 map sensor and to put a boost controller in.(240-260)

Better still have the whole engine rebuilt 1900 style with all of the above, +cam/bigvalve head, run 1.5bar and see over 300!

I'm going up there next week, so i can give more details then if you'd like, but i've been running the basic kit for just under a year now and it's a wicked piece of kit! :thumb right:

I know they start around 2 grand for just the kit. (good for 200+)

The next stage is to upgrade the injectors/mk4 map sensor and to put a boost controller in.(240-260)

Better still have the whole engine rebuilt 1900 style with all of the above, +cam/bigvalve head, run 1.5bar and see over 300!

I'm going up there next week, so i can give more details then if you'd like, but i've been running the basic kit for just under a year now and it's a wicked piece of kit! :thumb right:

Yeah thanx that would be great. Im interested in this and its a bit different. How does it compare to when it ran a supercharger?

How does it compare to when it ran a supercharger?

It's a completely different drive now, unfortunately, a lot of the low down grunt has been lost (cos it was being supplied bu the charger), and i'm still missing the whine. :cry:

Even so, it's a much better car because of it, it produces around 210-220 bhp with no engine mods, i've only got a de-cat and Jettex. But the real difference is the torque (around 230-240lb/ft), when the turbo spins up it just pulls like a train, it's still pulling hard when i run outta gears at around 145! :shocked!:

Dang60 just bite the bullet and convert its a good conversion to do and been so reliable on mine even with 300+bhp and torque.

I am really tempted after reading what you guys think of them. Will have to phone jabba n see what they say.

IHIG60 without giving any exact figures - how much roughly have you spent? I've gone through £5k and am only about 33-50% though the work I want to get done. As always money unfortunately has a hold of everything in this world. What order did you do most of the work? I am getting everything 100% and preparing things for putting the power in so won't actually have much more power for quite a while... interested to know what way others did theirs - same using a g-lader or bbm or turbo etc

Got bills totalling to 14k for all i have done to car but actually less in the car as some has been sold on.

Estimate for engine around 8-9k including labour as im lazy. In parts prob around 6-7k estimate, its been done over 18months so cant quite remember exactly.

I started with engine and worked through the rest of the car as it needed things replacing/upgrading, as no point changing something if its working/upto the job.

thats about right where i am then... those are some bills.... :) how long did the conversion take? was it a few days? have you any video clips of your car?

Yes expensive hobbies c's can be.

Conversion takes approx 1-2 week i believe, mine took a while longer as development car.

No vids available but it was featured in Golf+ if you wanna see more pics, in the December issue if you have a copy or can get hold of one.

lol ok I re-read - i might be able to yes - i'll have a chat with a few friends to see. i've enough to do to the car before the stage i would want to do the conversion but it seems a definately strong option.

I keep saying over when people ask about it that it really is good to do, obviously had g-lader then tried BBM/Lysholm on 50mm pulley (smallest), then IHI and honestly nothing compares to it for all round driveability and economy and performance. 155mph (indicated) four up at 6k rev set to 7600rpm now, couldnt take it past 6k when i did it due to ignition woes.

You should see good figures when its done by your spec.

did a new exhaust manifold get fitted with the conversion? looks like i'd lose my 4 branch if so...

Yes exhaust manifold to bolt the turbo onto then a single downpipe for exhaust gasses to escspe out to exhaust. Only 2.5" downpipe as i remember i think as bit tight behind there.