Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Subaru wheels on a vr?

Theres lots of cheap 16" subaru wheels going about ebay and the likes, some of them pretty decent looking speedlines. (Once repainted non gold).

There 5x100, offset of ET50, centre bore of 56.1

Will they fit? Im thinking they would need a spacer, but not too sure on how the offsets work.

If they do need a spacer, are there ones where they bolt on to the hub, then have studs sticking out of them so that I wouldnt need to mess about with longer bolts and it would make the wheels easier for getting on and off?

Trippy had a vr6 with subaru wheels on speedlines aswell 19"

Whats the centre bore of a vr?

As for spacers upto 15mm is hubcentric but after that u can get ones that bolt to hub and then you bolt wheel to that

Trippy had a vr6 with subaru wheels on speedlines aswell 19"

Whats the centre bore of a vr?

No idea.

As for spacers upto 15mm is hubcentric but after that u can get ones that bolt to hub and then you bolt wheel to that

With the offsets is a higher number pushing the wheel in or out the way?

With spacers fitted would the centre bore even make a difference?

The higher the number the further in the arch you are.

As there OZ wheels, if the centre bores greater than the vr you can sort this by getting the correct spriggot rings.

I believe some people have had custom spacers made so the wheel goes straight on without the spriggot rings

Someone will correct me if i'm wrong

Thinking about it might of been henny with the custom spacers?????

'ello! *waves*

Yup, was me... You can't get standard hubcentric spacers under 15mm thick as there's nowhere to fit the hub part of it due to the existing hub... What I did was got a local engineering shop to knock me some up which were 11mm thick which had a central hub which was the same internal diameter as a standard wheel, and the same outside diameter as the spiggot ring on my Borbet C wheels... 8)

VW Centre Bore is 76.1mm isn't it?

So if the Scoob wheels are 7 x 16, you ideally need offset 40, so you need to find a 10mm hubcentric spacer with with 76.1mm CB on the hub side and 56.1 on the wheel side.

I doubt you'll get 'adapters' that thin as the bolt head needs to be shallow enough to allow clearance for the wheel. 15mm is usually the minimum thickness for that.

VW centre bore is 57.1mm (well, it is on mine at least!) - just had some custom spigot rings made up for two of my Borbets by a local machine shop...

LOL, I thought I'd deleted my post above as it's all b0llocks but the forum decided to take a nose dive when trying to remove it!

Yeah you're right, it is 57.1, dunno where I got 76.1 from, LOL!

kevhaywire, your post still holds true though... the hub on a VW is bigger than the hole in the center of a Scooby wheel unless it's fitted with spiggot rings as standard... Adaptors would have to be at least 15mm thick to be able to have enough "meat" on 'em to put a spiggot shaft in, and even then, it may catch on the central hub nut on the Corrado... :|

With an offset of 50, you should be able to put 20mm spacer/adaptors in and get away with it fairly safely... You'll just need some custom ones made... 8)

So if I used 15mm spacers it would take it to ET35, I think standard on a vr is ET42. Not sure what the offset was on the optional 16" wheels though.

I say find a machine shop near to you and see if they'll machine the centre out to 57.1 for you (should be no trouble for a decent machinist) and also put a little chamfer in to clear the hub/mating face radius - then all you'll need will be some 7mm spacers (they could probably make these as well!) to bring the wheels out to a 43mm offset, which IIRC is the standard offset on a VR.

Job's a good 'un! :)

Edit: I mean get the wheels machined out - not sure if that was clear or not! D'oh...

ah, forgot about it being a VR... The edit to my previous post was thinking about a G60, sorry... :oops:

I'd keep as close to ET43 as possible Joe, otherwise tramlining, bumpsteer and turn-in all get worse.

Those speedlines would look good on a C I reckon, send em off the pristine for a top quality refurb in silver.

i got a disk from Artec when my missus bought her RH's that sows there fitment catalogue and they had scoobies down as 5x100 et 35 :s

i know for a fact VR wheels fit them :lol: