Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

cheap good tyres

Not a bad price, I had 4 ZZ3s fitted to my 17s for £75 each at a tyre place. They're good tyres actually, very good in the wet.

Up until 2 weeks ago I would have said that the ZZ3's were good tyres but my opinion of them has rapidly decreased as I ve just had to replace my 2 rears as one of them for no apparent reason has bulged from the inside out causing exstensive vibrations through the car, at first I thought it was the balance weights had come off causing the wheel to be out of balance, but then it got worse and it was so bad that I thought the wheel bolts had come loose, but on closer inspection the tyre was completely out of shape. I ve just taken them to my tyre fitters and before I could get out what what make they were they had already guessed what they were as apparently this is quite common on these tyres. Air gets trapped between the outer casing and the inner reinforced casing causing the tyres to bulge from the inside out! :shock:

I'm probably going to take this up with Avon directly as the tyres shouldn't have needed replacing for at least another 10k and I ve just had to shell out for a further £150 as I ve had to replace both rears.

I ve replaced mine with toyo proxes which I have now been using for 2 years and they seem to be good al rounders imo and at £65 a piece they aren't that expensive. Here is a link for them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 40118&rd=1 They would be a better buy imo to the zz3's

hope this helps!!

Same thing happened to a couple of F1s I had, and they're highly regarded tyres, but I'd still use them given a choice. My ZZ3s haven't ballooned, so it's just isolated cases.