Sign in to follow this  
stel g60

MPG

i need some help guys with a petrol issue, my mpg on mfa setting 1 is reading between 8 and 10 mpg. on setting 2 it sits on about 18 though. im doing only town driving at the minute but not that much and definately not enough to hit 8mpg. car does need a service admitedly inc new plugs but would it drink that much? has anyone got any ideas?

Id check that the vac pipe for the MFA is still attached to the back of the clocks.

Having a similar problem with mine - resetting the clocks at 80 gives me a whole 4.2mpg :shock:

I've had engine out though so am wondering if the vacume pipe in the engine bay is off... anyone know where it goes?

Phil K, U sure your's is vacuum operated ?

VR6's are definitely electrically operated & I'm not sure about 2.0-16v's

Id check that the vac pipe for the MFA is still attached to the back of the clocks.
Worth checking the other end of the pipe too - it attaches to the valve on the brake servo vacuum pipe - next to the ISV.

Worth checking the other end of the pipe too - it attaches to the valve on the brake servo vacuum pipe - next to the ISV.

You mean i said something right :lol:

stevemac, no idea at all :lol:

I hope it's a vacume pipe cos the alternative will be more hastle knowing my luck :?

Phil K, I know we're kind of hi-jacking Stel's thread here but if you remove the clocks (only 4 screws to undo) you'll see if there's a vac pipe connection on the back of them.

If there is & it has a vac pipe plugged onto it, possibly your garage has connected the other end to the wrong part of the vac system in the engine bay ?

On a G60, it plugs into the brake servo vac pipe valve - not sure on yours though. Bentley manual only has details for US spec G60's & 2.8 VR6's.

Do you care what it says?

Mine is out , saying 25mpg, when im getting 29. Just work it out when you fill-up, and ensure you're not getting those silly figures. Then maybe you could pursue the mfa problem.