Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

decent south coast garage for my vr6??

Hi, i have recently invested in a corrado vr6 and i need to get the timing chains/ guides etc done as they are noisy (noise comes and goes tho- is this usual??)

i have spoken to stealth up in warickshire and they do a deal with new chains/ guides etc, new clutch and take head off to re-seat valves etc for £1400 which i'm fairly happy with as i know they know what they're doing, BUT

i live on the south coast near bournemouth!!

is there anyone that people can recommend for such major works on a vr6 that is nearer the south coast??

m8 i live in highcliffe, i always take my g60 to John Mitchell 16vg60 on this forum. He has rebuilt my top of my engine, serviced my supercharger and rebuilt the front of my car to incorporate the Audi RS Intercooler. + brakes + suspension + oil cooler porting and Miltek exhaust. He would be able to do the work for you i am sure and he is only 75 miles away. Much nearer then stealth and he is also a registered MOT inspector.

Give him a PM m8

Cheers

Woody

Autotechnic in Southampton are another place to concider. My car had a rebuild a couple of years ago for bore honing and chains. I think it was about the 1300 quid mark. They a good reliable company. But if you can get it up to Stealth fairy easily I would ahve it done up there....seems to be the place for VR's.

Thanks guys, garages in swanage are next to useless for more than an oil change!! loads of people have now recommended JMR so gonna give him a go, thanks Again.