G60Jet

It dont mean a thing if your C is bling bling or does it?

Modding your Car, Do You  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Modding your Car, Do You

• A). Go for performance Mods(includings Alloys)
    • B). Go for cosmetic looks like stick on bits (not including Alloys)
    • C). 90% A). and 10% B).
    • D). 10% A). and 90% B).
    • E). Standard Motor

I'd say standard for now.. but if I was modding, I would prefer to go 90% performance mods, and 10% cosmetic tweaks :)

I'd say standard for now.. but if I was modding, I would prefer to go 90% performance mods, and 10% cosmetic tweaks :)

Well i guess that confirms it once and for all Jim, your not a saxo owner at heart are you, well 90% anyway!! he :lol:

:)

I've always like the Corrado's shape as it is, most definately. I am the same with most cars that I like.. I like em because they already look good!

Just grafting an enormous snow plow onto the front or a huge drag creating spoiler (especially onto non-tail happy front wheel drive cars..why!!!!) doesn't do it for me.

the guy i got my car from had all the pretty bits.. big rear spoiler, rims, oettinger grill, lowered, etc.. but from a performance standpoint the car was lacking. over the past 2 years i've (slowly) been upgrading the performance of the motor while trying to get away from the 'bling' look.

when i get the car back from paint next spring, it will be standard looking, but lowered and shaved with wide rubber.. no door handles, no rain gutters, no rear wiper. i like the standard look, but smoothed out and low. to the average onlooker it won't look like anything but a stardard car from the factory... and most importantly it won't look like some garbage ride trying to rip off something out of fast and the furious. the rule i go with is 'function over form'. anything i've ever done to the car has been purely for performance and driveability. the way i look at nice cars is, they speak for themselves.. if you have to spend $$$ on making the car look better/faster/sportier then it wasn't a very nice car to begin with. ie: 95% of anything from japan/north america in the past 10 years.

Where did i put those pic's of the spansih car show i'll find them out later

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... ;)

The corrado looks so good on the outside that it doesnt need much doing it if anything. If i had a G60 or VR6 then it would be engine mods, but ive got an early 16v so trying to leave standard on the outidside (except for lowered 40mm) cant wait for 10 years time when the corrado will be proper classic car. :D

i think nice set of rims and lowered looks the nutz everything else is owners personal choice

My G60 really needs alloys (it's on standard steel at the minute, also lowered) and a paint job but the engine is sorted at the mo (stage 4, chip & pulley, drilled airbox) so I don't mind spending a bit on looks. I'm not a big fan of sticky-on bits anyway and most definately not on my Corrado! I'm all for accelleration and engine mods are the way to go. Also maintaining the car blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah so what I'm trying to say (eventually :D ) is that I'd be spending money on performance.

difficult one for me nigel...........i was all set for keeping mine standard but a Milltek,AmD chip and a set of koni-coilovers later has got mine to the look i want..........til pau1 did his photo-shop magic and made the list grow

Not into looks, neither outside nor inside. Just "upgraded" a black and silver head unit to an all black one with green display and absolutely no bling bling at all. That's a performance upgrade look-wise for me ;)

Now, suspension and handleing, that is a different matter. Not slammed to undrivability, but to drive really well and an added bonus is a lower car, as I think most cars on this planet are wayyyy too high/tall in the first place.

Lightweight wheels helps the steering, propper bushes, struttower bars and arb's that actually works is good too, but a rollcage is prob. too much (for now).

result: Performance, not looks ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Some minor mods are acceptable IMO but not necessary.

My 2.0 16V has a shaved front bumper, adjustable coilovers, smoothed Borbet alloys, Continental low profile tyres, SS replacement exhaust system, Black leather interior, central locking etc. Ride height is not too low not too high - just enough to improve stability and handling. Engine is clean and sound. Clutch is smooth. Electrics are good - Everything I want and need from a car really.

Yes it helps if your motor looks the business but seriously, I'll take a clean and well maintained stock engine over a good looking motor any day.

Mglp! Didn't see that. I was searching on specific things, and this came up. Anyway, many Corrado's will have changed hands since then, so maybe it's time to ask again ;) as trends in styling etc. change a lot over the years as well.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Zombie thread!

For me it would have to be standard bodywork and badges (or de-badged), suspension mods, wheels and engine mods. Uprated wipers and headlight loom are ok too (but not de-wipered), as are different coloured rears and side repeaters.

But anything which can't easily be reverted back to standard (such as de-wipering, smoothing of bumpers) isn't for me.

i dont really get a choice with mine..... as whenever i look to buy some leather seats or another set of wheels somthing mechanical will let go so i'll just updrage or replace parts one step at a time

although mine does have a smoothed front bumper which isnt somthing that i would look to do myself i do actually like the look and quite a few corrado's in the really cheesy adverts on youtube have smoothed front bumpers.... so not to far from the tree really