Sign in to follow this  
wcrado

1.8 16v-more power please

Please don't take this as an insult as I mean this as genuine advice.

If you are already wishing your valver was more powerful, why do you not sell the car and ad the extra £800 and get a G60 or a VR?

I can understand people who have done a lot to their cars and then decide they want more power, but as you have not had it long would you not be better off just selling it and getting one with more potential?

Fair enough some people like the 16v engine and thats cool, but a very nicely tuned 16v is still only putting out low G60 power figures. Just a thought.

Cheers

Jay

yeah i understand what ur sayin about trading in for a g60, but my friend has a '92 g60 (standard apart from induction kit and cat-back stainless) which i've borrowed more than a few times and although i'm impressed with how much more power it has at low revs,i get annoyed that i really couldn't ring the power out and properly open it up. it just did't like it. plus, on a stretch of uphill road where i live, i can normally get about 85mph out of mine. in his, i got about 87mph. i know a g60 has much more tuning potential, but to be honest, if i could get standard g60 power i.e 160bhp out of my valver i'd be happy

168 is a respectable number 8) .after reading that beeftech, id now like to put your name next to flusted' in my original post. :D

why not save yourself the hassle and buy a 16v already modded? these can be bought for not much more than a standard 16v costs

Ive just fitted a flowed head to mine and wow! what a difference!!!!!! Going back to 42mm manifold this weekend and guna get it dynod again in july

Neverite: Thanks :)

Flusted: Why go bavk to the 42mm???? Surely with flowing the head you'll want to get as much air in there as possible!!!

You gain more torque at lower revs with the smaller inlet, because it is smaller the gas flows at a higher rate. But yes at higher revs you can lose out, depends on the characteristics you want from the engine.

Ive found that it takes a while to build up and i prefer to be able to plant the pedal and get instant response,also havin 17ins kills acceleration!

Fitted a very early mk2 16v inlet (41mm?) on my parents 16v and sold there 50mm 1,my god,wot a difference! there car flys off the line with no hesitation!