Sign in to follow this  
Moonie

Rear Wiper squirty thingy !!

Hello one and all,

Yesterday my rear squirty thing gave up, it makes the noise but nothing comes out of the jet thing. I havent touched it sonce i had the car so i know its not me !! Anyone advise on any remedy or is it just a matter of looking for blockages etc... On that note does anyone know where the pipes run for it, i looked (albeit quickly) for them, couldnt work it out :?

If indeed your water bottle is full the best way to clear blockages is to pull the hoses off the tank and also off the rear wiper and blow some compressed air down it...

you can get the cans of air from a photographic shop i.e. Jessops 8)

HTH

VR6 - Haha yeah i checked the water bottle, its still full up !!

Phil K - Ok thanks, i'll have a go at that one, thanks for all your advice peeps :D

be carefull blowing air out of the jet though as if the jet is blocked it is possible to blow the little metal bead out of its holder,(depends on how much pressure you use) also try unblocking the jet with a fine pin and then blowing air through it the opposite way.

i found a syringe from a ink refill kit worked very well

Right, i may be being thick here but theres not a seperate washer bottle for the rear is there, it all works of the main one, correct ?

A ha, thanks Dinkus, thought i was going slightly barmy then !! Havent a clue on things like that due to a lack of a manual !!