Sign in to follow this  
andy.b

BRAKES SQUEAKING

I have had this problem with my corrado VR6 for ages, only my front passenger side brake pad is squeaking realy loud and its pissing me off. I have taken my car to the garage 4 times now for them to clean my caliper and put some of that copper greese on my pad to stop it squeaeking but it keeps coming back.

What can I do to stop this? The garage have checked my driver's side caliper, pads and disk and they're the same as the passenger side, funny how it's only the passenger side.

I've had REALLY loud squealing from my front brakes since getting new (VW) disks and pads fitted a short while back. They work really well, but slowing from low speed is a killer, it's really deafening!

Any hints/tips? I forgot to mention it to Stealth when I was in there a couple of weeks ago to see if they could do anything.

The brakes are not overheating and don't seem to be binding (well, most of the time they don't).

Most dealers don't clean the caliper carrier's sliding pins or use any copper grease, and I'll bet they don't sand the hub face down before putting the new disc on either. All factors that can cause squeal.

I do all that and more when doing brakes and using VW discs with Pagid Fast Roads, I've never had squeal problems.

Stick the 288s on....they're far superior and they don't squeak either as the pads are specially shaped, aswell as being backed with anti-squeal pads.

What are these mate? are they callipers and discs and pads you buy in a package? how much and where from?

the mechanic at VW said he cleaned the Calliper carrier but i dont no if he cleanded the sliding pin

The bentley manual suggests that you should always replace the guide pins whenever you replace the pads. Not a bad suggestion for a few extra pence.

But most places don't bother. I suppose it's ok if they're cleaned though..