Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

Decatting causing Lambda sensor to run cold?

I have read in this months issue of Golf+ in the 'ask the brain section' that decatting a G60 can cause the lambda sensor to run cold and give pulsating power delivery. I decatted mine with a Miltek catbyepas about 3 months ago, and have recently realised if i floor it, just before 3k and the charger hitting in, powercan be a little pulsating, only very slightly, is this possibly the lambda? if so are there any solutions bar putting a cat back?

cheers

Erm, how can taking out the cat cause something that is electrically heated to run cold?!?

Erm, how can taking out the cat cause something that is electrically heated to run cold?!?

The cat does actually generate a lot of heat and pushes some of it back up the downpipe, and I was speaking to the guys at dax about their new Toj, and it seemed they had to play about with the position of the lambda sensor to get it to read properly.

is using exhaust wrap from the head up to and around the lambda likey to help this issue? By keeping more heat in the exhaust up to the cat rather than it soaking into the air surrounding the manifold and downpipe.

Obviously there are other benefits to hot having really hot air in your engine bay.

Scruffythefirst, interesting...

I've got my downpipe heat wrapped and both manifolds heat taped to try and keep the engine bay temps and the inlet manifold temps as low as possible... I'd reccommend it to anyone who's got to take off the downpipe/manifolds as it DOES make one hell of a difference... 8)