Sign in to follow this  
Heardy

What headunit for around

Any recommendations ? I've got a kenwood headunit at the minute and i fancy a change as this does'nt like playing CDR's plus it's pretty old.Are there any particular headunit's that cope with firm suspension better than other's as my currant headunit skips quite a lot as well.

cheers

For that money, I'd be looking at a s/hand Pioneer DEH-P77MP.

Or maybe stretch your budget a little for a new one.

You won't get a better sound for the money.

Kenwoods... never rated them. They're all about flashing lights and displays than SQ.

i have the p77, never had any probs with skipping. had it in my 16v, lowered on konis, firm ride, and was fine. over budget, but well worth the money.

What about alpine are they any good ? I would also prefer it to be black so it does'nt stand out too much to potential to the local scum..

Alpine are good yeah, but I personally only rate the 9833R and 9835R models......but you're looking at £300 and £360 respectively for those.

If you want plain, dull boring looking sh1t that sounds top notch, get a Becker Mexico Pro. Honestly, they look f'ckin awful but the SQ is amazing....same with Nakamich CD-500.....but we're talking bucks again...try ebay.

Take your head unit out, pop the top off, blow all the dust and cr*p out, clean the lens with a dry cotton bud, re-lube the lens head guide rails and - hey presto - reads cd-r's better and less skipping! Well, worked with my sis's that I sorted out... ;)

I might give that a go gradeAfailure thank's

I've found a Alpine cda-9851r for £174.99 from car audio direct that i quite fancy,my local ICE shop want's £249 for it...BARGAIN

add £50 and get one of these:

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/losangeles.asp

Blaupunkt Los Angeles MP74 radio CD / MP3 receiver

I have the older MP72 version and have never had a problem with it.

I am currently running a mini-disk AND a i-pod with the i-pod being fully functional through the head unit controls or my remote control on the wheel, add them together with the mp3 and the mmc card and you have the choice of a hell of a lots of tunes

To be honest i think you do better going for something a little more expensive not loads but maybe an extra £50. That way you can get something with loads of extra goodies. My Sony has never jumped and I had that in a Mk2 golf with springs less flexible that my Gran!