Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

it all started in the summer of 2004 i got up for work at 5am only to find my c covered in ANTS :mad: after watching them for a couple of mins i noticed they were going behind the seal on the windscreen and down into the engine bay :D .i took off the seal only to find hundreds of the little feckers living happily in the cack behind the seal.i flushed them out and put some ant powder behind the seal before sticking it back on i thought that was it,but THEY'RE BACK time to do it all again :mad: anyone else had any strange visitors :?:

My old man had a squirrel living in his car. It was using the space under the wiper motor to store his nuts. That was till we nicked them all and covered the area in grease.

i once had some green little spider like things living in my door around the seal of the window, they were all around the door and would smear all the way up the electric window when i closed it after opening.. luckly there gone .. or al least i hope i dont get any reappearances!

They obviously have good taste .. id nest in a corrado

My old man had a squirrel living in his car. It was using the space under the wiper motor to store his nuts. That was till we nicked them all and covered the area in grease.

Didn't your old man notice his nuts were missing? Can't have been nice finding those under the wiper moter :lol:

Swing Low Sweet Chariot.

Seriously though. havew you thought about putting window mastik in the crack so the ants cant get in.

yes i'm going to take the seal of this wkend,doesn't the small gap allow for any water to drain out or do you reckon i could get away with filling it :?:

hmmmmmmm its a good point.

I cant picture where the gap is. What would be the worst case if the seal was blocked and water filled up to overflow point? is there anything electric that could get submersed and fried?

if not no troubs.

I had a Spider called Boris living in my Land-Rover - used to scare the sh*t out the mrs when he popped down from the pop of the windscreen whilst we were driving along...

Hmm well I had a family of mice living in an old clio that had been left standing for about 3 months...Untill I tried to turn it over then they were just a mess.. :( And recently I had 3 spider nests hatch simultaneously inside my mini which was suprising. Poor guy in the car with me is scared to death of even tiny spiders so when about 30 of them fell on him he screamed and started slapping himself with a shoe :) really wish I'd had time to video it.

So far the corrado is animal free so is the mk2 ;) but I'm sure that'll change soon. Oh and the other night I walked out of my house to hear a short sharp squeak :( I think his mates have taken revenge cos there now scurrying around in the attic :( Mice I can live with but rats can have a nasty bite..