Sign in to follow this  
davedub

buying g60

hello to all! just a guest up to now but hoping to snag my first corrado this sat. will be bringing the buying guide with me but any other advice welcome. its a 92 model with 66k,already had a quick look and spin, seems to drive ok but is there any way to tell from driving how well the charger is working? bodywork and interior are excellent and all electrics,door handles etc are working. car is completely unmodified. only thing bugging me is last service in book is 1998 at 57k! practically hasnt been used for 7 years and looks it. told just had lady owner who never used it. dont think its been clocked judging by interior and it started up fine. any comments?

hmmm...if you've read the buying guide then you should be ok......

that sounds like it could be a little steal!......if the car has only done 66k you should be able to tell from signs of wear on the steering wheel/gear knob...and especailly the drivers seat bolster (( this should really be in v.good nic at that milage ))

I think VW recomend the charger is rebuilt at 80k (( i dont own a g60! ))...so this car may not have had any work done to the charger......this can end up being pricey so when you go looking at the car ask if it has been looked at ....if they say it has then you need to see proof (( i.e paperwork)). If it hasnt been serviced then use that as a good bartering tool.....then send the charger to Darren t G-Works for a good overhaul..

If the car was last serviced at 57k then its now due for another service...ESPECIALLY if it has been sat for 7years...again...use this as a bartering tool....(( thats bartering not batering! ))

other than that just use the buying guide.......good luck!>

Mileage sounds a little dodgy, especially with the 'little old lady' story.

It could well be perfectly true but you're going to have to tread carefully and make sure you're happy it's kosher.

yeah...it does sound like a bit of a dodgy story.....but you never know

with it being sat for ages check for rust etc.........

i would say in this case it would be a good sign if the calipers were seized!

thanks for that guys! now that you mention it all discs and calipers were

quite rusty,may also explain why abs light was on.will double check the

mfa though,in the buyers guide it mentions it resting itself,what exactly

does this mean?

having said that,ive viewed a few cars and this has very little wear

compared to them,if its been clocked,its been covered up well!

all in all,now more confident it is a little steal,keep you posted