Sign in to follow this  
TomB

Back once again with the renegade master...

Gent's despite my earlier coolant problem (now fixed), it's developed a new problem. I had a call from my girlfriend earlier saying that I'd left my lights on, now I was sure that I hadn't after going out for a drive last night. Anyway, she went out to check, and told me that the switch was off, but the lights were on, and when I got home I double checcked and she was right.

So, I removed the light switch and the lights stayed on, I looked at the headlight loom (not one of Gav's I don't think) and could see nothing obvious. The car is now sitting on the street locked, but with a flat battery, and the headlights still trying to be on.

Any ideas as to what could hve caused this? A fault in the aftermarket loom? Either way, I've got a flat battery and no idea why and I'm supposed to be going to the bodyshop tomorrow so HELP please if you can.

Cheers,

Tom

Henny, 10 points! Sorry, I would have elaborated at the time but I'd been down the pub and was feeling a bit sleepy... Removed the relay after talking to Gavin, and instantly there immobiliser started working again (phew).

Cheers,

Tom

Back once again with the ill behaviour, with the ill behaviour, with the ill behaviour... :-)

which relay is it? my lights came on yesterday for no reason but went off after i started her up mustve jiggled the relay.

which relay is it? my lights came on yesterday for no reason but went off after i started her up mustve jiggled the relay.

ah i wonder.... i have a dodgy headlight loom i brought before i was a reg on here. ill investigate one thing Gavin my lights are very bright on dip beam but the full beam is still useless even with the halfords not for road use rally bulbs is this because of the useless loom?

billinjahg60, What's the score with your loom. How many relays etc. If it's only got 1 that'll be in the dip beam I think. Not having a relay for the main beam would account for you having poor lighting.

Do us a picture of the loom if you are not sure.

My looms have heatshrink tube on them. I don't think my competitors go to the same expense......

Gavin

Could you make that 2 PMs please? Time to replace mine I think...

Cheers,

Tom