Sign in to follow this  
gusto

Door mirrors

I have strange DTM mirrors on my rad as the standard mounting holes have been smoothed over!!

I don't care much for them and was wondering what altenatives there was out there!!

Porsche mirrors look good but will require drilling into the doors again to mount them - have a look in A20 Lee's gallery for this, standard look good too IMO...

If you don't want to make new holes in your doors I think you'll find you're limited as to what you can do... either keep what you have or put M3 mirrors on (they look awful though) Alternatively you could take them off all together for that ultra smooth look or maybe just leave the drivers side on there?

How about F1 mirrors???

850400M1.jpg

Ik had a picture of a C with some of these mirrors, but I can't find it anymore, and it looked very nice.

i was gonna sugest either the carbon jobbies as already posted. ^^^#

OR...

keep current driver one and bin passenger one.

will shockingly look instantly better i reckon.

or have them carbon fibre coated by say, "allsmiles"

theres the green polo G40 going about with Carbon DTM mirror on one side an it looks uber cool.

or, modify one of 3.

M3 mirrors. have the hole smoothed over and these turn into bloody good looking mirrors.

find some "Projektzwo" mirrors for a mk3 golf, and have them modified to fit the corrado base plates, using motors from mk3 mirrors froma binned car say, it'll amke em electric to and could be mated to your current wiring i dare say

or 3 modify Vectra mirrors for the same effect as above.

a mk2 golf use to have that done and it looked good. that car had a PVW feat a the Golf feat and the guy worked for revs mag for ages.

with the fact your old mirror holes are smoothed over, it'd be a shame to go and bore the holes back in :cry:

fit an LCD screen and a small camera...

No side mirrors required and you can still see behind you! 8) :lol:

FurkiG60, been there, seen that, played with the idea and had 3 cameras fitted to J-DUB... ;) Went off the idea 'cos I still kept looking at the mirror instead of at the LCD... :oops: :roll: :lol: