Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Supersprint discontinuing Corrado exhausts...

No way, that means Golf G60 too then. As you get the same kit as a Corrado G60 but with two different lengh center pipes for either Corrado or Golf.

Mixed feelings about this myself. I had a SuperSprint on the G60 for about 5 years, looked great and sounded great, but fell to pieces eventually after about 40k miles. So, on the whole not THAT good quality. It was eventually replaced with a Scorpion which was the biggest mistake ever! (CRAP!)

I was later told that the SuperSprint should've had a 10 year warranty.

However, I was thinking of when the time came to replace the Campaign's with a Supersprint, but ONLY when the time came that the original fell to bits. So either I buy a SuperSprint NOW and keep it in storage (maybe for it to rust from within before it's ever fitted) or I just eventually get a genuine replacement (a bit boring). :sigh:

I already have a supersprint exhaust... but I was hoping to get a supersprint manifold too :( totally skint atm so theres no chance of me getting one. gutted!

Not surprised they're discontiunuing them.....they only have to read this forum to see the amount of people that moan about a £40 rubber strip for the roof (but happy to pay £260 for sh1t headlights) to realise that Corrado owners aren't going to pay £340 for an exhaust !!

As for them lasting 4 years....isolated case. I've seen 8 year old SS systems on MK2s that are still rock solid....

My.. someone is having a lousy day at work :)

I personally think £340 for a Supersprint is a good price.. shame they are discontinuing them though, definately. One of the better brands out there for sure.

I already have a supersprint exhaust... but I was hoping to get a supersprint manifold too :( totally skint atm so theres no chance of me getting one. gutted!

I have that problem too!! :(

I think its a shame there discontinuing the range. I've found it to be a quality product. There pritty subtle and quite OE looking. Mine fitted very nicely as well. There are some spots of rust on the middle box starting to appear but I've had it for about two years now.

I too am after a 4 Branch Manifold. However as I understand it TSR Performance do 4 branch manifolds as well

I'm not saying that mine was typical of the bunch Kev, I'm sure they CAN last many more years, and if you notice I WAS actually thinking of buying another one...

I think a lot of the problems with the SuperSprints is to do with the shear weight of the things. I needed special rubbers for them, and then the hangers just broke clean off... :(

And even at £340, isn't that about half the price of a VW one?

The VW one even from the dealer is £350+VAT so around £420 from the cat-back.

From GSF/ECP it's even less.

I have that problem too!! :(

I think its a shame there discontinuing the range. I've found it to be a quality product. There pritty subtle and quite OE looking. Mine fitted very nicely as well. There are some spots of rust on the middle box starting to appear but I've had it for about two years now.

and quite hard-wearing eh Cai???!!! :LOL:

I have a Supersprint Mega. Sounds and looks good, but fits like crap. My muffler shop had to re-weld the hangers to center the muffler.