Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Central Locking

Quick question....

Should my central locking work from inside the car?

All works ok from outside with the key.

However, when I push down the pin on either door whilst inside the car, it locks that door and nothing else.

It's been like that since I got the Corrado.

Is this another standard ''feature?''

Quick question....

However, when I push down the pin on either door whilst inside the car, it locks that door and nothing else.

i'm not sure as i dont have any door pins but the central locking should not work with the engine running, some one confirm this please.

Nigel, where did you connect your LED's? I did this mod on my MKII GTi by splicing them into the led from the alarm. Is there a better way to do it as I don't fancy making my COncept 300 looking a bit Heath Robinson. I really fancy doing this again as it looks sweet (and mr thief has no pin to pull up if he smashes the window) but I was looking for a more refined method of doing it. Sorry for taking this off topic slightly.

What sort of connector is it? Will I have to make one or does the connector from the LED's plug right in? Also, will both LED's plug in? Looks like I will be getting some LED's soon! 8) The question is what colour though? Red to match the LED fir the alarm or something a bit different?

depends on the connector from the alarm, and the LEDs you use etc, no that hard to do to be honest. use and auto connector and tape it up after to be sure or a plug and socket.

I think the central locking is activated by the microswitches in the door lock, therefore pushing the interior knob won't have any effect. Just a thought....

Kev

Good quesion.. one I was going to ask :roll: I don't seem to be able to lock myself in the car either. I guess this is some safety feature as there aren't any buttons anywhere. Don't like driving in london with unlocked doors, makes me nervous if I have anything on my passenger seat :(

I can lock all doors by pressing the mechanical drivers button from inside, but not the passengers.

Conversly, if I activate the central locking by the electrical dash button (an extra I fitted connected straight to the 3 pin connector from a door handle), I can't unlock it from inside by pulling the mechanical door buttons. Probably a security feature of the alarm - once it activates the c/locking, it won't let you pull the button to open the door, eg. through smahing a window.

All a bit confusing really.........

Quick question....

Try this

Loosen the pin slightly

Press it harder

Simple, worked for me in my 16v, I think the switch must wear out or something and it needs a bit extra force to activate it.