Sign in to follow this  
turn

what is this clicking? listen

i thought it was tappets its not, put new ones in and the noise is still there.the timing chain looked good oil pressure is normal.it speeds up and gets louder at higher revs.

any help is appreciated.

here's the mp3's i recorded(sorry about the bad quality)

clicking 1 mp3

clicking 2 mp3

how do you test injectors ?

the only thing is it sounds like it could be coming from somewhere around the cyl 1 area.

have u checked to see if ur oil pump it circulating the oil, if theres no oil getting up to the cam it will sound like metal hitting metal...

have u checked to see if ur oil pump it circulating the oil, if theres no oil getting up to the cam it will sound like metal hitting metal...

i think it might be the oil pan,theres some small dents but it could be enough to block up the oil pick up tube.does anyone make a "upgrade" or large baffle oil pan for the vr6 corrado ?

It doesn't sound like an injector to me....they tick. Your noise is a mechanical 'slap' which is definitely a tappet. How long ago did you replace them? Did you hold the revs at 3000rpm for a couple of minutes after installation to help fill them up? Did you use VAG tappets (expensive!) or pattern ones (usually febi)? Over here we've found pattern tappets are a bit hit-and-miss and sometimes are noisier than the ones pulled out! But VAG want over £200 for 12 tappets, so bugger that.

The breather box in the rocker cover is behind cylinder 1 and I've found it seems to amplify tappet noises, but your engine sounds like most I've heard, they're not the most refined of engines.

It doesn't sound like an injector to me....they tick. Your noise is a mechanical 'slap' which is definitely a tappet. How long ago did you replace them? Did you hold the revs at 3000rpm for a couple of minutes after installation to help fill them up? Did you use VAG tappets (expensive!) or pattern ones (usually febi)? Over here we've found pattern tappets are a bit hit-and-miss and sometimes are noisier than the ones pulled out! But VAG want over £200 for 12 tappets, so bugger that.

The breather box in the rocker cover is behind cylinder 1 and I've found it seems to amplify tappet noises, but your engine sounds like most I've heard, they're not the most refined of engines.

yeah is a deffanatly more of a slap ,i posted the sounds the day after i finished replacing,they sound almost exactly the same as the old ones. hope there not the cheaper ones, i got them from techtonics tuning might have spent $250 usd but it was last summer so i cant really remember.

i havent tryed holding the rpm's ill have to do that.

thanks

it might be a silly suggestion...but ive heard that typa noise being made my a stone caught in the fan...?

it's certainly not a nice noise anyway!.

well its not the oil pan blocking up the pump,at least all the dings are gone.i also held the rpm's a 3grand for a bit and that only made it sound better for a couple minutes.

i think my oxygen sensor kicked the bucket since my a/f meter turns off after a few minutes.and im feeling like i lost some power.ohh the best part of the day was my window kept randomly deciding it wanted to roll down.its cool though . i get super nervous if theres not at least 3 problems at once with her,i feel like something really bad is going to happen.

ok so its been a while and i need to get her back in action for the summer.what its coming down to is the bottom end,where the piston connects to the rod it is getting warped,can anyone direct me to a good online source to purchase this.or any tips on doing this job

thanks