Sign in to follow this  
Richie_FSOB

New G60, little help & advise please

Right, I am now a corrado owner once again, and alraedy could do with some help.

I have bought a J plate G60, (loving the power, completely different to the VR6, and seems quicker!)

The problem is, it needs some spraying doing to it... front passenger wing, and rear right quarter, rear spoiler, maybe front bumper.

The other alternative would be get panels from a car being broken.

I am just wondering the actual colour. I have attached a pic of the sticker in the boot, which says it is a JET??, and has two colour codes on it.

Any ideas, on actual colour, and opinions on the spraying/panels from a breaker?

Thanks

Rich

I can recommend a superb spray shop - just had some work done on mine, he does work regulary on Corrados, that and the fact that he has done the paintwork on all of McLarens promo F1 cars for many years makes him a natural choice. I was charged £300 for the bonnet, rear wheelarch (needed some metal letting in) and a bad stone chip on the roof

doesn't seem to want to let me post pics, they are jpeg format, 1.92MB.

Clicking add attachment, browsing for file, and add attachment again.

Is that right?

Heres a couple of pics aswell, polished up a couple of areas with Meguiars 3 stage, and they look nice. lots to do on it though. Manages to pick it up fairly cheap, so have some money left over to lavish on it.

Hmmm - The Jet was a german special edition, it came in one colour, Jet badging and a 2 tone interior...

Does the VIN number match the sticker??

LC5V = Midnight Blue Metallic

The following is from G60JET's gallery...

The Corrado G60 Jet Is a German Special Edition

It came with a special interior trim and 4 paint codes

Mine is Dark Violet Pearl Effect (dark Violet Perleffekt) with Blackseats with Purple stitching and Purple Door cards and Seat backs.

The Jet Model Also cam with Estoril 15" Alloys and "Jet" stickers on the Rear quater panels.

The other Colours were Blue (limogeblau), Red (Flashrot), and Black (schwarz)

So do I have the only dark brown metallic thats actually really dark blue/black?... gets stranger by the minute.

Looking closely at the paint, it looks almost black, with blue metal flakes in it.