Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Shaggy's Old G60 Rado

update :-

Decided now that i am gunna give the wheels ago myself... and save my self a stack of money...

started polishing the outers today on a lathe and are coming on very nicely!

Just gotta make my mind up as to what colour i want to paint them??

silver will look awesome but then again so will colour coding them... :roll:

the actual centres are proving to be a bit of a pain... trying to get an even coat of laquer into each little cutout!!

The Sizes are 7" X 16 ET 36 Fronts & 9" X 16 ET 49 Rears

Just had the outers picked up to be mirrored aswell and i am awaiting delivery on the bolts and some new bbs emblems for the caps and all should be sorted!

Its lucky i got these rims really cus i have just as we speak curbed by D90s! on the back...typical :roll:

yeah saw these! they look stunning! and yeah the offsets are a bit mental although you never know :D

Andy they would be perfect for your car. I knoow the seller of these and will garentuee that they will be amazing

sorry to hijack your thread mike! Do you think 15's too small?

mike what are you using? a sray gun to put the paint and laquer on or just a brush or totally opposite are you using aresol?

I think 15s will look cool mate,

i am using my compressor mate and a spray gun! using a 2K laquer! quite potent stuff but the finish is pretty damn good for a DIY job!

Just finished the centres, will post up piccies when they are dry.

just finished! i must say i am pretty happy with results! although one centres has come out a bit dodgy which i think was due to laquer going off too early, will sort this out over the weekend as they have to be left for a whuile now to harden of before i can do anything else.

DSC00121.jpg

good stuff mike i will be well impressed if you get a shit hot finish from doing it yourself!

ive really gotta do some fu*king work! not good just been looking at bbs and the forum all day!

you got the week off chap!

good stuff mike i will be well impressed if you get a **** hot finish from doing it yourself!

ive really gotta do some fu*king work! not good just been looking at bbs and the forum all day!

you got the week off chap!

Been working the past 22 days on the trot andy, so this is my first day off!

Are they Colour coded ? My monitors rubbish

yeh Darren colour coded "moonlight blue" to match the car! I was a bit hesitant to do them in that colour but i think they should look cool! as my car is quite dark anyway, the centres look black from a distance, as dones the whole car.

By the way, the car no longer bleeds boost.... :roll: i am pretty certain it was leaking boost through the bloody water jet as since i changed it to the larger jobbie its a constant 15psi with no drop what so ever.... :wink:

still pinks slightly tho, this will need sorting at some point aswell. 8)

Here is a much better pic! so pleased with these! and pretty much all my own work! i was up untill 4am the morning before ED38 putting them back together... 8)

DSCF3193.jpg

yeah will do mate! gonna get the back arches rolled and pulled first tho... little bit of scrubbage action going on at the moment there 9s on the back with an ET19... it will sit lower i just havent had chance to lower it that little bit more since ED38 when the car was fully loaded... :D

Bally your car looked fricken awesome @ Ed38! i was trying to look around for ya but everytime i went over to your car no one was there to talk to... 8)

Looking really good mike, just think the centre nut bits would have looked better left silver (just to break-up the colour-codedness of the centres and to contrast with the badges), or painted chrome effect like on the e36 328I sport wheels, think they came as chrome-effect standard ? Anyways, looking mint and yup, bring her down a bit ! ;-)