Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Shaggy's Old G60 Rado

This happend to me today!! Totally shat myself!! all happend at motorway speeds...

The tyre has totally f****ed up big time!!!

Thank god the rim is ok..... :shock:

Hopefully there wont be any further damage to the car....

Not totally sure what has caused it either??.... :shock:

DSC00077.jpg

foooook me, glad i didnt get the tyres stretched anymore, check the lip of ya arch to check it isnt or wasnt rubbin

:shock:

jesus, glad you stopped with no probs!!

there was a post earlier this week about this, i think on andi`s blog there was something similar, had the tyre been driven on low pressure before, i think that can cause degredation of the inner walls causing a blow out like this!!

glad your wheels are ok mate!

ben

the lip of the arch had no signs of rubbing at all?? thats what i first thought, maybe it had hit the arch but i cant see any signs of rubber etc.

To be honest it wasnt too bad when it when, just a slight judder and a lot of noise!

Not a good thing if you own a G60... :) All was ok tho managed to get it into the hard shoulder ok, i was absolutely gob smacked the rims was intact without a mark, hopefully it will only cost me the price of a new tyre.

Will have to investigate tho, dont want this happening again!

nearly had a heart attack when i got out of the car, thought the rim was fecked, i felt better when i found the rim was ok... :roll:

i bet, im scared of kerbs at the mo let alone blow outs. looks like a fault with the side wall or something but i reckon if ya try claimin if it is a fault ya wont av a leg to stand cos of the tyres been stretched on.

yeah, i prob wont even bother, its not worth the hassle really, the tyre is only £60 to replace so it could have been worse!

yep, did ya use the tourque wrench on the allen bolts, if ya did what did ya tourque them too, i did mine by hand and i think ive stretched the bolts cos a couple keep coming loose. bastids

dammm not seen that happen.. I no loads of peeps running streached rubber.. glad the rims ok..

only thing it could be is it was running low on pressure & with speed & heat it burst the tyre..

wht tyre pressure you running Mike?

about 38psi, when i last checked mate?? only checked it the other day, the only other thing is that i might have picked up a puncture along the way?? but i didnt feel a thing untill the tyre started to shred.... :roll:

yeah i thought that was a bit high?? thats how it came from the tyre fitters, so i assumed it may be ok?? obviously not...

and they are too narrow for the rims

what tyres are they?

they are 195/40/R16 Continentals

too top it off, my throttle jammed wide open today in a 30 zone!! nearly crashed straight into a parked car! scared my self shiteless yet again! not having much luck at the moment... :roll: